Technical Support Engineer
Company: Luminator Technology Group
Posted on: May 4, 2021
Luminator Technology Group (Luminator) delivers
globally-recognized technology solutions that increase
intelligence, safety, and efficiency for public transit
Delivering a global portfolio of hardware and software solutions
through well-known and well-established regional organizations,
Luminator is a global company with a small-enterprise approach and
commitment to customer success, serving customers in more than 85
countries, and employing nearly 1,000 people.
The Technical Support Engineer is responsible for managing the
implementation planning, and deployment for the Destination Signs
Software Solution. In addition, they are task with assisting our
internal stakeholders with technical issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will get to:
- Manage Destination Signs deployment process, including
involvement in responding to customer proposals, operations, and
- Identify, investigate, and resolve customers' problems with
Destination Signs software.
- Support Fields calls, chat, email, and/or other communication
from users with inquiries regarding software, connectivity, and
- Assist with other application solutions on an as needed
- Utilize industry standard best practice methodologies for
implementation, including incorporation of business, operation, and
engineering workflow processes.
- Use industry best practices and standards in the development of
Destination Signs training program for Test Labs.
- Participate in destination Signs Support Operations.
- 5+ years of experience with Windows and Linux virtual
- 5+ years of IIS configuration and MS SQL Server
- 3+ years of experience with Power Shell, VBScript, Batch
- 2+ years of experience with Linux tools like Putty, SSH,
- 5+ years' experience in successful team participation
- A creative and innovative team player with the proven ability
to build good relationships with internal and external customers,
diplomacy, flexibility, and a passion for service
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without
accommodation. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Professional and pleasant telephone manner.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn an array of
computer hardware and software.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- At least three years of progressive experience in customer
technical support role highly preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described below represent
the activities and surroundings of the positions. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Physically required to regularly walk, sit, bend, twist, stand
and reach in a normal office environment.
- Constantly required to stand, walk, bend, twist, overhead lift
and reach in a varied field environment.
- The employee may occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to perform constant work on computer
- Specific vision abilities required by this job are close,
distance, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and the
ability to adjust focus
- Luminator Technology Group intends to provide a safe and
drug-free work environment for our customers and our employees, as
a condition of employment Luminator Technology Group will require a
negative drug screen as part pre-employment process due to working
on or with federal contracts
It is the policy of Luminator to ensure equal employment
opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, national
origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected
by law. Luminator prohibits any such discrimination or
The above described responsibilities and requirements are a general
guide for the role you are applying for and are not all inclusive
of the job requirements.
All positions posted are required to be in office unless otherwise
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Luminator Technology Group, Plano , Technical Support Engineer, Other , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!