Electrical Engineering Technician
Company: Abbott Laboratories
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more
fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing
technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading
businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices,
nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues
serve people in more than 160 countries.
Our Neuromodulation business is an area of expertise for Abbott.
This business includes implantable devices compatible with mobile
technology to help people who suffer from chronic pain and movement
disorders. Our Solutions include Proclaim (TM) XR SCS System, the
#1 Spinal cord stimulator on the market, Proclaim (TM) DRG
Neurostimulator, the only FDA approved DRG therapy and a market
leader in radiofrequency ablation therapy, Abbott RFA. These
non-opioid therapies allow us to provide interventional pain
therapy to patients throughout the pain continuum. Our deep brain
stimulation technology for progressive diseases help people manage
their Parkinsons disease and essential tremor symptoms, steering
away from side effects.
Our location in Plano, Texas currently has an opportunity for a
Senior MRI Technician. The experienced, detailed oriented MRI
technician will support the research and development organization.
This position requires knowledge of basic Electrical Lab equipment
and High voltage RF amplifier systems. This individual will be
primarily running MRI proof of safety testing of RF and Magnetic
environments on Development Projects and Implantable Products.
- Lab infrastructure Metrology and maintenance aspects.
- Preparation of different types of tissue simulant medias.
- High current RF Compliance test execution.
- Analyzes and interprets test data.
- Automated Measurement systems data collection.
- Basic circuit troubleshooting.
- Lays out and assembles experimental circuitry and/or complete
prototype models of company products and product components.
Recommends changes in circuitry and/or other specifications to
simplify assembly and maintenance.
- Prepares diagnostic tests, sets up test apparatus, and conducts
operational/functional tests to evaluate the performance and
reliability of prototype items. May assist in the design,
construction, test and checkout of complex test equipment and the
development of test procedures.
- Ensures that lab safety and operating procedures are observed
by all personnel.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on
occasion, as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent, and/or AA Degree/trade
school certification or specialized training/apprenticeship in
Engineering Technology, or specialized training which provides a
theoretical understanding of electronic or electro-mechanical
disciplines or equivalent.
- Associates of electrical engineering or equivalent is
- A minimum of 8 years progressively more responsible work
experience is normally required to achieve the level of competency
and depth of understanding necessary to perform at this level.
- A minimum of 1-2 Years experience with MRI test System is
- Knowledgeable with DC and AC circuitry
- Proficient with Lab equipment i.e. LCR meter, Oscilloscope,
DMMs, RF amplifiers, Magnetic Test systems, Spectrum or network
- Full time position requiring overtime occasionally
- Prefer technical ingenuity and creativity to support and assist
with design work.
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division
business unit model preferred.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse
- Ability to work within a team (typically with Engineers and
other Technicians) and as an individual contributor in a
fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to
effectively communicate at multiple levels in the
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great
career. We offer:
- Training and career development , with onboarding programs for
new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives
and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental,
vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial
performance and history of being actively involved in local
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life
to help you live fully: your career aspirations to Abbott for
diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and
strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity
Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at
www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and
Keywords: Abbott Laboratories, Plano , Electrical Engineering Technician, Other , plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!