IT Business Analyst - Patient Services
Company: Inogen, Inc
Posted on: May 3, 2021
ABOUT INOGEN Inogen was founded in 2001 to improve quality of
life and increase freedom and independence for oxygen therapy
users. Inogen is innovation in oxygen therapy. The Inogen mission
is to improve freedom and independence for oxygen therapy patients
through innovative products and services. Inogen is a manufacturer
and Accredited Homecare Provider.
Inogen is focused on quality care, continuous improvement, and
outstanding customer satisfaction. We are a stable, USA based
company dedicated to providing an exciting and rewarding career to
our employees. We completed a successful Initial Public Offering on
the NASDAQ in 2014 and have demonstrated substantial growth over
the last five years. Our work environment is casual yet high
performing, and we are looking for seriously talented, motivated,
and fast-paced professionals to join our team.
The IT Business Analyst will be the technical resources
supporting Inogen's business stakeholders to support business
users. This position supports business user interviews, lead
discovery sessions, collect business requirements, create business
system solutions, and provide ongoing business system functional
support to assigned business area. The IT Business Analyst will
apply functional knowledge in the implementation and administration
of standard and custom business system functionalities. This role
will work closely with other members of the IT team and 3rd party
vendor partners to analyze business processes, propose business
process & system improvements. Lead project teams to implement
technical solutions and provide ongoing management & support.
Responsibilities (Specific tasks, duties, essential functions of
- Participate in the full application life cycle from technical
design to development, testing, and deployment of
- Support multiple projects concurrently.
- Prioritize and accomplish estimated project timelines with
Project Manager and team manager.
- Partner with department business process owners and
stakeholders to identify opportunities to use technology to improve
business processes and operations in assigned business area.
- Produce and manage the functional and system requirement
documentation of business processes and feature or functional
training materials supporting business needs.
- Manage the creation of IT project & change management lifecycle
documents such as business requirements, solution designs,
implementation schedules, data migration plans, test plans,
training plans, and rollback plans.
- Recommend workflow improvements that will enable business unit
to conform to best practices
- Lead and participate in internal testing of new or enhanced
- Recommend workflow improvements what will enable business unit
to conform to best practices and improve workflow processes.
- Be the primary subject matter expert for their business
customers and the interface between the Business owners and the IT
system analysts & development staff for Inogen business
- Troubleshoot and debug application systems, reports and
- Support and assist end user in the use of the Inogen business
- Utilizes data analysis to explain business issues and financial
implications, recommend workflow improvements, or enable business
unit to improve workflow processes.
- Build a clear development strategy and work with business
partners, systems analysts, and vendor-partners to,resolve
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Assist with any other duties as assigned.
In addition to items listed for Business Analyst, the Business
Analyst - Patient Services may also be responsible for the
- Reporting and Analysis- for the Patient Services and Billing
departments as related to Customer care, Billing, collections
results, key metrics, case tracking and ad hoc strategic
- Proactively identify opportunities for Billing and Patient
Services process improvement.
- Partnership with Management of Operations and Billing to
inspect Billing process quality and prioritize opportunities for
improvement. Assists Billing and Customer Service management in
understanding process bottlenecks and inconsistencies. Facilitates
an organization of continuous process improvement.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Individual in this role is expected to work independently and
be self-motivated in initiating and managing communication with
varied level of.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with supporting functionality built with
Salesforce.com proprietary technologies: Visual Force and Apex
- Demonstrate capability of problem solving, decision making, and
- Ability to work cross-functionally to engage and influence key
business stakeholders to fulfill requirements impacting various
systems in use.
- Demonstrates an ability to perform under pressure and handle a
- Experience with developing solution designs from business
- Knowledge of corporate Customer Care Centers' best practices
and processes and translating the processes into functional and
technical system requirements.
- Familiarity with Call Center and Billing business
Qualifications (Experience and Education)
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science,
Engineering, Mathematics, Accounting, Finance, Business management
or equivalent, required.
- 5+ years' administration, functional support, design and test
experience with Oracle eBusiness Suite, Reports, APIs, CRM or
similar enterprise level corporate business systems, required.
- 5 years' experience developing solution designs, leading
project teams, required.
- 1-3 years' experience with business system implementation and
enhancement projects adopted Hybrid or Agile methodologies,
- Oracle, ECBA, CCBA or CBAP certified or 5+ years as an IT
Business Analyst, required.
- Advanced knowledge/proficiency in Microsoft Office,
- A combination of training, education and experience that is
equivalent to the qualifications listed above that provides the
required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in the
position. However, only those selected for an interview will be
Inogen is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status, and other legally
protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its
supplement are available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm;
The pay transparency policy is available here:
Inogen is committed to working with and providing reasonable
accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a
reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of
the employment process, please send an e-mail to
email@example.com or call (972) 616-5668 and let us know the
nature of your request and your contact information.
- Job Function Individual Contributor
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor's Degree
- Inogen, Inc., 600 Shiloh Road, Plano, Texas, United States of
Keywords: Inogen, Inc, Plano , IT Business Analyst - Patient Services, Other , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!