Company: JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial
services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations
worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial
services for consumers and small business, commercial banking,
financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component
of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves
millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's
most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients
under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan
Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
The Legal Department of JPMorgan Chase & Co is responsible for
the provision of legal services to the Corporation and is organized
by practice groups that generally align with the Corporations lines
of business and corporate staff areas. This structure encourages
legal teams and businesses and staff areas to discuss legal,
regulatory and business developments effectively and in a timely
Consumer & Community Banking Legal
The Consumer & Community Banking (CCB) legal teams provide
dedicated strategic and transactional legal support for the various
CCB businesses. The CCB attorneys are legal subject matter experts
regarding these LOBs, including their applicable legal/regulatory
requirements and the businesses products, services, and operations.
The CCB ROC (Regulatory, Operations & Controls) team is responsible
for providing legal services to CCB Operations, including
collections and recovery, collections litigation, bankruptcy, sworn
document processes, tax reporting, remediation and corrections,
fraud and disputes, escalated customer complaints, and third party
oversight. The team is also responsible for providing regulatory
advice to all CCB businesses and control partners on key consumer
protection statutes such as the Fair Credit Reporting Act,
Telephone Consumer Protection Act, Fair Debt Collection Practices
Act, Servicemember Civil Relief Act, and Unfair/Deceptive Acts and
Practices. In addition, the team monitors state and federal law and
regulatory developments and leads CCBs participation in the
firmwide Office of Legal Obligations and Legal Regulatory Change
Management processes. The CCB ROC team also provides legal support
to CCBs Audit, Compliance, Risk and Controls functions.
The CCB Legal Review Team (CCB LRT), a division within the CCB
ROC team, seeks an attorney to support a team of attorneys leading
outside counsel oversight and supporting the Banks ongoing
oversight program and control agenda. The position will also
include handling regulatory and other exam-related inquiries, and
managing associated projects. The position requires an independent
thinker who can take initiative and have significant interaction
with attorneys and other control function personnel (Internal
Audit, Compliance, and Operations Management).
This position requires significant interaction with business and
legal stakeholders, and outside counsel in all 50 states. This
position is based in Plano, TX and requires occasional travel.
Responsibilities will include:
- Participating in legal quality assessments of outside counsel
by supporting the lead attorney-reviewers managing assessments,
- identifying, analyzing, and resolving escalated items, and
potential law firm breaches of contract or law.
- Collaborate with firms and internal stakeholders, and compile
and analyze relevant data points to identify firms in scope for
legal quality assessment.
- Develop schedule, plan and prepare for outside counsel legal
- Prepare status reports for management and stakeholders.
- Maintain operational integrity of the team through document and
version control activities.
- Manage plans to ensure timely responses to exam requests,
including setting and chairing project calls, drafting responses
and tracking related artifacts.
- Communicate with key internal and external stakeholders on open
requests, status, and items requiring clarification.
- Review and respond to law firm and stakeholder escalations and
requests, through general mailbox management.
- Manage ongoing projects and perform other tasks related to the
comprehensive law firm oversight program, including developing
process efficiencies for manual tasks.
Candidates should possess, at a minimum:
- JD or educational equivalent required. Attorney candidates must
be in compliance with all relevant licensing requirements including
the requirements of the jurisdiction where the role will be located
prior to commencement of employment.
- 3-5 years of experience practicing post JD or educational
equivalent; consumer financial services experience preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with
demonstrated ability to listen and drive results in a team
- Ability to recognize issues that may require escalation and
- Strong analytical skills and highly proficient in logic-based
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team player who can
- Ability to travel occasionally in connection with onsite
reviews of law firms.
- Work effectively with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Display a high degree of initiative, self-direction and ability
to work independently.
- Exercise decisive, sound judgment in a very fast-paced
- Adapt to change easily.
- Strong sense of honesty and ethics as an officer of the court
and a representative protecting the reputation of JPMC.
- All candidates for roles in the Legal department must
successfully complete a conflicts of interest clearance review
prior to commencement of employment.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions,
offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers,
small businesses and many of the worlds most prominent corporate,
institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and
Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a
leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking,
commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset
- A background in creditor-side bankruptcy representation, credit
card default litigation, mortgage foreclosure, or analogous
financial services experience.
- Background in litigation and settlement negotiation.
- Experience in client relations.
- Experience in project management.
- In-house experience a plus.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse
talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to
our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high
value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not
discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including
race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status,
pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under
applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make
reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees religious
practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans Our professionals in
our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance
and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are
an essential part of our company, ensuring that were setting our
businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
With large, global operations, the Legal team tackles complex
issues and helps shape the regulations that affect the businesses.
The group is organized into practice groups that align with the
lines of business and corporate staff areas, which encourages
collaboration on legal, regulatory and business developments as
Keywords: JPMorgan Chase & Co., Plano , Senior Counsel, Other , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!