Scrum Business Systems Analyst
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial
services firm with assets of over 2.6 trillion and operations in
more than 60 countries. The firm is a global leader in investment
banking, financial services for consumers, small business and
commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset
management, and private equity. Chase is the U.S. consumer and
commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. and serves more
than 50 million consumers and small business across the
Chase is undertaking an aggressive digital transformation
agenda, which builds on the success of the current mobile and
online service offerings. Chase is investing in innovative ways to
deepen customer engagement and profitability through the use of
digital channels. The ambition is to position Chase as the
undisputed leader in digital financial services and payments and to
enable Chase to deliver a highly personalized and real time
experience that our customers expect.
The online and mobile channels for Chase currently support more
than 32 million active customers; 9 million customers interact with
us daily, making Chase the most visited banking portal in the USA.
Positioned within the Consumer and Community Banking line of
business, the Digital Technology team is responsible for setting
and executing strategies that align with business objectives and
drive innovation across Chase Online and Mobile, helping to
establish the best Digital Banking customer experience in the
The Business Systems Analyst (BSA) team within Digital
Technology plays a pivotal role in the success of the organization,
bridging the gap between the development, design and product
management teams. The Scrum Business Systems Analyst (sBSA) is the
heart of the BSA team, working closely with our technology partners
to groom detailed stories for our development teams to execute. The
sBSA is team player, problem solver and detail-oriented person.
Working at the intersection of business and technology, you'll
sharpen your understanding of business processes and data analysis,
while continuing to develop your leadership, management and
communication skills. No matter where your career ultimately takes
you, you'll make a meaningful impact and lasting connections with
outstanding colleagues and mentors.
The sBSA typically (but is not limited to) performs the
- Allegiance to the scrum team they are assigned to.
- Groom stories to a level of detail that will enable code to be
written and tested without defects; write acceptance criteria and
generate test scripts.
- Understand downstream impacts of changes to web services and
coordinate with those teams to ensure they are in lock-step with
the scrum team from a delivery perspective.
- Maintain a living evergreen repository so that we always have
an understanding of our current state.
- Juggle multiple stories at any given time, all with aggressive
- Bachelor's Degree within a technical field.
- 5 years of hands-on experience as a Business Systems Analyst,
Systems Analyst, Technical Analyst or a related discipline with an
emphasis on delivering cutting edge technology within finance.
- Strong verbal and written communication with the ability to
forge lasting relationships with the scrum team(s) you are part
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience of working with Agile Development teams.
- Ability to read Java code and service definitions in order to
understand existing system behavior.
- SOAP, XML, JSON and other similar web service
- SQL and database scripting.
- Behavioral Driven Development (BDD) using Gherkin scripting
Preferred Knowledge and Experience
- Retail/Consumer banking and investment products.
- Appreciation of responsive web design.
- Experience of working with JIRA.