Business Controls Specialist I
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Assists in the development of a mortgage centric compliance
program that contemplates current regulatory requirements and
industry standards. Acts as a liaison between CLG and
internal/external partners and provides recommendations on policies
and procedures across all Fulfillment functions. Prepares policy
documents and partners with internal counterparts to promote
consistency across the enterprise.
- Participates in Enterprise Risk Management and Corporate
Compliance Committee functions; partners with internal counterparts
to ensure consistency; prepares monthly presentations.
- Assists in the development of compliance policy based on
current regulation; acts as a compliance subject matter
- Performs compliance reviews as needed; assists in the
management of 3rd party reviews as applicable.
- Partners with underwriting and appraisal to avoid material risk
that could result in a repurchase requests from an investor.
- Collaborates with the Custodian Management team to ensure
efficiency in the collateral process and eliminates redundancies in
the internal/external reviews.
- Acts as a liaison between the line of business and
internal/external counsel in matters related to the Fulfillment
- Develops and monitors Client level finding reports; recommends
remediation as appropriate; manages remediation plans and reporting
on Client's progress.
- Researches and resolves issues that arise as a result of QC
audits, 3rd party findings and investor repurchase issues; reports
agree/disagree findings to senior management; recommends changes to
policies & procedures as needed.
- Addresses operational risks within the Fulfillment process;
works to implement improvements; ensures that changes in process
are contemplated holistically prior to implementation.
- Assists in the development and management of policies &
procedures for CLG Fulfillment.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational
opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining
personal networks; participating in professional
- Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
- Demonstrate behaviors which are aligned with the organization's
desired culture and values
Ideal Candidate will have the following:
- Management Reporting, Developing Policies & Procedures, Dealing
with Complexity, Problem Solving, Legal Compliance, Knowledge of
Reg Z, Reg X & Dodd Frank.
- Must be highly proficient in Excel and Word
- Must be a team player with strong attention to detail and able
to work independently
- Proven track record at delivering timely and accurate
information in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, mathematical
skills and sound judgment
- Financial Services and, if possible, mortgage industry
- Strong business acumen and ability to interface with executive
Years of Experience:
Keywords: PennyMac, Plano , Business Controls Specialist I, Other , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!