Inside Property Claims Adjuster, Catastrophe - Business Lines
Company: Liberty Mutual
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Property Adjusters investigate commercial property claims,
evaluate damages, determine coverage, set accurate loss cost
estimates, control the insured's exposures and losses, manage
consultants, negotiate settlement of claims with varying complexity
and perils, and achieve a prompt, fair and equitable settlement
according to fair claims handling requirements.
- Conducts a prompt, thorough and fair investigation by obtaining
relevant facts to determine coverage, origin, and extent of
property losses. Reviews and utilizes financial statements to
adjust short duration business interruption losses.
- Direct independent adjuster to determine facts relevant
causation, damages and exposure.
- Engages and manages consultants and independent adjusters as
required. Monitors the costs to ensure they are reasonable and
- Establishes and maintains accurate loss cost estimates and
reserves for each claim for reporting, financial records, and other
purposes monitors the costs to ensure they are reasonable and
- Keeps the insured and others informed about the claim's status
with clear, timely and accurate written/oral communications.
Determines depreciation of claim.
- Affirms or denies coverage of the claim based on the facts and
the policy terms and conditions.
- Develops information necessary to make advance, partial and
final payments when appropriate.
- Effectively negotiate settlement of claims of varying
complexity and perils.
- Keeps the electronic claim file properly documented with
accurate, clear and timely information and reports that reflect the
adjustment activities and substantiate any payments made.
- Will be called upon for catastrophe duty.
- Knowledge of commercial property claims adjusting methods
(coverage evaluation, loss assessment, etc.), legal/regulatory
environment, financial concepts.
- Skills required include analytical/problem solving, attention
to detail, communication, organizing & planning work as normally
acquired through a bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Interpersonal (diplomacy, tact, listening, etc.) and customer
- Ability and willingness to travel to the site of a catastrophe
for assignments that may last several weeks.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today
and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an
environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect.
Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace
where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a "Great Place to
Work" by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were
also selected as one of the "100 Best Places to Work in IT" onIDG's
Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running,
we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for
Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates-as well
as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more
about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit:
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things
better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that
support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit
offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not
tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age,
disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on
any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Keywords: Liberty Mutual, Plano , Inside Property Claims Adjuster, Catastrophe - Business Lines, Other , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!