State Tax Manager
Company: McAfee Corp.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
State Tax Manager
US, Texas, Plano
The State Tax Manager will manage a team of 1-2 staff
accountants to prepare, review and file state income tax returns
and state tax provision.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading
cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help
businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly
integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security
threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your
devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home
and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity
by working together to build best in class products and
The State Tax Manager will be responsible to prepare, review,
and research state and local tax accounting and compliance for all
McAfee and affiliated business entities. The principal business
responsibilities for this position are to maintain income tax
filing compliance with all state and local governments and to
accurately calculate the state and local impact on the global tax
provision. The State Tax Manager will also manage a team of 1-2
Roles and Responsibilities
State Tax Provision
- Prepares and manages the annual and quarterly state tax
provision documentation, including managing the state income tax
payable, updating uncertain state tax positions, and tracking state
only deferred items.
- Prepare and manage the quarterly and annual state tax provision
documentation including managing the state income tax payable,
updating uncertain State tax positions, and tracking State only
- Responsible for monitoring, assessing and implementation of new
State and Local tax laws
- Research State and Local tax issues and prepare monthly tax
issues memos, as applicable.
- Review quarterly tax account reconciliations
- Provides input on company tax accounting policies and calendars
and ensures adherence thereto through internal and external
- Proactively partner with stakeholders within McAfee and
State/Local Tax Compliance
- Prepare/review and file all periodic US State and local income
and franchise tax returns, tax estimates, and extensions
- Maintain Cash Forecasts for related tax compliance payments and
- Point of contact for queries and general correspondence with
States and Local offices, and managing overall relationship
State/Local Tax Planning
- Responsible for monitoring and understanding forecasted Taxable
Income /Loss and implications of changes in forecast to tax
- Participate in domestic legal entity rationalization
initiatives to ensure relevancy and optimal tax outcome
State Tax Audits
- Manages state and local income tax audits and controversies,
including meeting with tax advisors and governmental officials,
developing strategies, and preparing documentation.
Required Skills and Experience
- Accredited bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or a
- 8+ years of US State and local corporate and partnership income
tax experience including 3 years of people management.
- Proficient knowledge of ASC 740 and SOX requirements.
- Experience with research, analysis, and interpretation of state
and local income tax laws.
- Experience in people managerial skills and ability to coach and
guide team members effectively.
- Proficient knowledge of tax provision software including
OneSource Tax Provision
- Proficient quantitative analysis skills, including the ability
to interpret, analyze, organize and report financial data.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience in partnerships and publicly traded organizations
- CPA, MBA, MS Taxation strongly desired
- US based multinational corporation experience
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage
everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every
day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and
family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion,
gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital
status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual
orientation or any other legally protected status.
US, Texas, Plano
Keywords: McAfee Corp., Plano , State Tax Manager, Other , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!