N1- Services Planning and Order Management Specialist - Plano, TX
Company: Samsung Electronics America Inc
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Services Planning and Order Management Specialist
For decades, Samsung has been leading the charge on innovation.
We see beauty in achieving excellence and our passion for change
fuels our discoveries, inventions, and breakthrough technology. We
believe that technology can, and should, make the world a better
place, so we create new possibilities for people everywhere, push
the limits of what's possible, and constantly innovate.
At Samsung Electronics America, we take pride in the creativity
and diversity of our talented people - they are at the forefront of
everything we do. Their skillset and mindset drive our continued
success. Only the resilient and resourceful thrive in the daily
dose of unexpected at Samsung. We unapologetically push to achieve
unforeseen potential in everything we do, both within the workplace
and at home. We fearlessly face challenges head-on, conquer the
unconquerable, and are comfortable living in the uncomfortable
zone. Together we make the impossible possible. Because at Samsung,
we Own the Unknown.
Are you ready to #OwnTheUnknown? Join us.
If you have ambitions to be a part of a Best in Class
organization, Samsung's Wireless Networks team is the place to be!
The role of the Wireless Networks Team is to support our carrier
customers with innovative technology and market-leading products
and solutions in areas like 5G. The dynamic culture at Samsung
offers both great challenge and great reward. If you want to work
among the very best talent in the industry, working on the most
innovative products in the world, Samsung is the place to be.
Role and Responsibilities
- Responsible, under limited supervision, for the creation of
services forecasting to support Networks requirements.
- Responsible, under limited supervision, for the validation of
services milestones to trigger billing and or customer invoicing in
support of SEA projects.
- This role will also contribute to the planning process while
directly interacting with SEA Sales, SEA Deployment, SEA PMO, HQ
Sales and HQ SCM teams.
- Work closely with HQ, Sales, Project Deployment, and Process
Improvement to plan, forecast, troubleshoot issues and report
results for services projects.
- This role will coordinate order management activities and
ensure adherence to both SEA and customer requirements.
- This role will provide output to support overall financial
planning and budgeting for SEA.
- Works independently, and considered a seasoned and experienced
professional with adequate understanding of own job area.
- Determines approach to work, and is monitored/supervised based
more on milestone basis, and at key deliverable junctures.
Common Essentials/Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides validation analysis of services milestones based on
contacts and SOW's with end customer as well as internal contacts
such as SEA Sales, SEA Deployment, HQ Sales and HQ SCM teams.
- Provide critical information that is used to develop services
revenue forecast utilizing internal forecasting tools and other
- Interfaces with account team and customers on a daily basis to
ensure proper billing and invoicing are completed and processed in
SEA and customer systems.
- Interfaces with Finance and Accounting to ensure proper revenue
recognition as well as cost allocation
- Support, develop and implement robust metrics and reporting on
services forecast accuracy and forecast issues.
- Utilizes metrics to understand root cause and drive continuous
improvement in planning accuracy. Responsible for weekly reporting
of services revenue to management.
- Responsible for weekly reporting of invoicing status to end
customer and internal management.
- Responsible for weekly updates within SEA project management
- Provides SEA Management with reporting and data analysis as
- Applies basic knowledge of departmental principles and
- Performs work within company and regulatory guidelines.
Skills and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent with 5-8 years of directly
related experience or Bachelor's Degree with 2-5 years of
experience is required.
- Requires experience with working with large data including
consolidating multiple data set, analyzing number and facts and
- Previous experience in the telecommunications industry a
- Read write and verbal communications skills to provide
production schedules, to prepare and present plans and information
to manufacturing, sales and order management personnel and to
- Bilingual Korean Read, Write, Speak - Preferred
- Experience using Microsoft PC software including extensive use
of Excel spreadsheets, Word, Access and SAP.
Necessary Skills and Attributes
- The ability to manage, plan, organize, assign, schedule and
prioritize multiple work assignments and projects as directed to
achieve order management and fulfillment objectives.
- Demonstrates very high competency level in communication skills
using oral, listening and written modes for internal and external
communications at all management and staff organizational levels
for both persuasions and/or the communication of technical
- Must be able to communicate proficiently in writing, through
email and reports, or verbally production and product technical
matters to an audience that may include less technically oriented
- The demonstrated ability to solve problems involving
continuously changing situations.
- Must have attention to detail to ensure data analysis
Work is generally performed in an office environment. Operate a
computer keyboard and view a video display terminal between more
than 50% of work time, including prolonged periods of time.
Requires considerable work utilizing high visual acuity / detail,
numeric / character distinction and moderate hand / finger
dexterity. The movement and transportation of equipment, most of
the time is under 25 pounds. Performs work under time schedules and
stress which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time
sensitive deadlines, intellectual challenges and project management
deadlines. Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids include PC's,
printers, copiers, faxes and other equipment commonly associated
with an office work area. May require working additional hours
beyond normal schedule. Travel varies depending on position.
Consistently demonstrates a commitment to policies and procedures,
including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict
of interest and ethical responsibilities.
defaults according to your location. You can change
Country/Language at the bottom of the page. If you are European
Economic Resident, please click here.
- Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are
committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal
Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race,
color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status,
sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran,
genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a
disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Samsung Electronics America Inc, Plano , N1- Services Planning and Order Management Specialist - Plano, TX, Other , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!