Join Our Team!
We have a great team of friendly, talented and inspiring people
at First United. As a learning organization, we take pride in
offering exciting opportunities for employees to grow and follow
their passions. That's one of the many reasons First United has
been voted as one of the top places to work in Oklahoma since 2009!
Browse this page to find out more about the First United culture
and the many benefits of working here. Then, use our "Get Started"
section to take your first step to being a part of First
Mortgage Compliance and HMDA Specialist
This position is directly responsible for assisting in the
regulatory HMDA compliance related to residential mortgage
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
Perform Origination and Adverse HMDA testing on a monthly basis.
Provide results for Origination and Adverse HMDA testing to manager
for trending analysis and perform trending analysis as needed.
Generate monthly or ad hoc reports from LOS for HMDA testing.
Update HMDA records within HMDA Software. Oversee, review, and
monitor the origination system to ensure updates meet regulation
requirements. Maintains current knowledge of all compliance
requirements and upcoming changes that impact HMDA and residential
mortgage lending industry. Field questions from the business
regarding HMDA or other compliance related matters. Ensures that
management is informed of frequently occurring HMDA errors or if
errors exceed the maximum allowable regulatory threshold. Assists
in HMDA LAR submissions as well as monthly HMDA exception reviews
and scrubbing of HMDA data. Assist with monthly and quarterly HMDA
conference calls with the business and 2LOD. Ability to maintain
and update the organization's policy and procedures. Prepare
meeting agendas, PowerPoints, visual aids and other materials for
HMDA. Provide HMDA training for the business as needed.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as requested by Executive Management or
- Completes all required compliance exams on a yearly basis.
- Adherence to all First United Policies and Procedures.
- Dresses professionally.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Education and Work Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
- Bachelor of Science, Business preferred.
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in mortgage lending or banking
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point,
- Strong knowledge with LOS Encompass.
- Strong knowledge with HMDA software QuestSoft.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to follow written and verbal directives.
- Ability to articulate ideas and methods to improve overall
mortgage compliance metrics.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to
accept direction on given assignments.
- Ability to managed multiple projects while adhering to strict
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of Bank, mortgage, Federal and
State lending and compliance/regulatory matters.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor
to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond
to a job opening because of a disability, please email us at
HR@firstunitedbank.com for assistance.
First United Bank is an Equal opportunity employer. This company
considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or