Global IT Category Leader for Network and Security
Company: NTT DATA Corporation
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Req ID: 108400 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional,
innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If
you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and
forward-thinking organization, apply now.We are currently seeking a
Global IT Category Leader for Network and Security to join our team
in Plano, Texas (US-TX), United States (US).Global IT Category
Leader for Network and SecurityNTT Global Sourcing () Nippon
Telegraph and Telephone Corporation established a new company named
NTT Global Sourcing, Inc. which is headquartered in the United
States. This new company, specializing in Sourcing and Contracting,
will bring together the enterprise spend volume of each NTT Group
company and engage in centralized price negotiations and the
execution of comprehensive agreements with global vendors, etc. for
hardware, software, and services purchased in common by each NTT
Group company.Through such activities, the NTT Group will work to
improve the presence of the NTT Group in the global market,
formalize our strategic partnerships, reduce the Group's total
costs, and provide lower-priced, innovative services to clients.
Responsibilities Establish global sourcing and partnership
strategies for the multi-billion spend Category of Network and
Security while leading a team of experienced Category Directors and
Category Managers. Analyze category market conditions, competitive
landscape, customer requirements, pricing trends and benchmarks to
create world-class sourcing and relationship strategies. Lead a
team of experienced Category Directors and Category Managers.
Design and implement cost savings, business value and revenue
acceleration projects across all regions and NTT operating
companies. Review, assess and negotiate contracts, global terms and
conditions, price/cost and rebate programs across Sell To (internal
use spend), Sell With (managed services spend) and Sell Through
(resale spend) spend motions. What We Look For In a LeaderAlignment
with our valuesCommitment to our visionEmbrace inclusion and
diversityAbility to creatively and strategically lead through
transformationAbility to adapt to changeAbility to effectively
motivate Position Summary
- This position requires confidence, independent action,
initiative, a sense of urgency.
- A well-suited candidate can react and adjust quickly to
changing conditions and come up with practical ideas for dealing
- The style is purposeful, directed at getting things done
- There is a great deal of challenge and pressure, and people and
problems must be handled with confidence and determination.
- The position requires a self-disciplined person who can handle
- This job requires self-assurance and competitive drive.
- There is a strong demand for high quality, organized and
- The responsibilities are broad in scope, encompassing a wide
variety of activities requiring rapid shifts in priorities.
- This is primarily a task-focused job, requiring a somewhat
authoritative, directive leadership style that encourages
results-driven, task-oriented collaboration.
- As a Leader you will:
- Work with other Senior Managers to set strategic plans and
- Carry and manage a team savings goal
- Translate business plans into objectives and exercise latitude
in managing operations
- Accomplish results through the efforts of subordinate
managers/professional team members
- Control planning, staffing, budgeting, and managing expense
- Manage performance, compensation, and development of your team
- Faster-than-average pace; ability to learn quickly, thoroughly,
and in detail
- Must recognize and adjust to change
- There is considerable variety in the work
- Strategic, big-picture thinking backed by an added focus on the
tactical aspects of the work
- Setting and achieving specific standards for self and for
others; an emphasis on schedule and quality
- Action-oriented collaboration required on a consistent
- Seeks and accepts decision authority & responsibility
- Will effectively weigh risk against the benefit; while not
cautious, a calculated decision maker
- An independent decision maker, will utilize team consensus
- Requires a lively and incisive communicator, more authoritative
than persuasive in style
- A stimulating influence on others, while being firm, direct,
and self-assured in dealing with them
- Some collaboration within own team but a more independent style
- Maintains control of overall agenda, includes others in a
- Creates a disciplined process
- Must possess world-class negotiation skills Education and
- Minimum 10-20 years of experience in progressively challenging
roles in supply chain management, strategic sourcing and/or
category management with the majority of experience within the IT,
Network and/or Network and End User Security sectors.
- A minimum of five years of this experience shall be the
equivalent of Director-level in an IT supply chain, strategic
sourcing and/or procurement leadership role within a Fortune 500
- Must have hands-on experience managing at least $500 million of
spend and delivery on a global basis and be able to demonstrate a
track record of effectively driving cost savings and performance
improvement while in such a role.
- Hands-on leader able to drive a number of major, complex IT
supply chain and/or cost reduction projects.
- Strong understanding of IT sector pricing and rebate models, as
well as value added services - as practiced by the major vendors
across the globe. Must have demonstrated ability to effectively
manage commercial and strategic relationships on a global basis
with Tier-I vendors, including proven ability to engage
strategically at the VP and C-level with key suppliers.
- Experience should include in-depth knowledge and experience
working with the following vendors:
- Palo Alto
- Check Point
- A10 Networks
- Trend Micro
- Experience in defining and driving key aspects of supply chain
operational excellence in a global, multi-BU environment -
including demand planning, forecasting, maintenance optimization,
performance measurement and optimization. Educational
Requirements:Bachelor degree is required, preferably in
Engineering, Science, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information
Technology or an equivalent technical discipline. An advanced
degree in one of these disciplines and/or an MBA is preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
- Transformative change management skills and self-awareness to
take varying approaches with a dynamic set of stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills. Must be able to assess historical
spend and asset usage data from multiple disparate sources, analyze
the data and layout coherent, data-driven roadmaps to achieve cost
reductions and/or operational improvements.
- Able to analyze the current state of practices within NTT
Global Sourcing and NTT Operating Companies by collaborating with
stakeholders to forge comprehensive supply chain strategies that
increase leverage and drive commercial improvements.
- Must be able to assess 'best practices' and 'pricing
benchmarks' in the industry and compare these across Operating
Companies, accounts, BUs and regions. Develop gap analysis relative
to these practices/benchmarks to help identify savings and
improvement opportunities. Develop strategies that create leverage
to close gaps while delivering improved economics and/or
operational performance to NTT.
- Able to document technical requirements and service level
requirements where none exist and obtain alignment from
stakeholders around these key parameters.
- Able to analyze current Agreements and assess alignment with
end-customer Agreements. Where misalignments exist, develop and
implement strategies that improve alignment. Collaborate with
internal stakeholders to garner support for such improvement
- Must have ability to analyze the various asset acquisition
practices and identify opportunities to reduce cost and/or risk by
improving these practices where such opportunities exist. Further,
partner with account leadership and regional delivery leads to
drive such cost reduction initiatives into the business.
- Must have strong verbal, presentation and written communication
skills with the ability to communicate effectively with Leadership
within NTT and be able influence Leadership on key strategic
initiatives that involve challenging 'Change Management' elements.
- Highly skilled in financial analysis, and able to communicate
effectively with Finance organizations. This includes investment
ROI analysis, lease vs. buy modeling, capital planning and
justification, asset valuation analysis, make vs. buy modeling and
'should cost' analysis.
- Proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to foster enthusiasm and drive to succeed from team
members, and lead by example. Basic Qualifications:
- At least 10 years of experience in supply chain management,
strategic sourcing, category management or Vendor Alliances/sales
- At least 5 years of experience managing at least 5 direct
- Responsible for managing at least $500 million in addressable
sourcing or sales spend
- Bachelor's degree from accredited university #LI NAMINDSALES
About NTT DATA ServicesNTT DATA Services is a global business and
IT services provider specializing in digital, cloud and automation
across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications,
infrastructure and business process services. We are part of the
NTT family of companies, a partner to 85 % of the Fortune 100.NTT
DATA Services is an equal opportunity employer and will consider
all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race,
gender, disability, age, veteran-status, sexual orientation, gender
identity, or any other class protected by law.
Keywords: NTT DATA Corporation, Plano , Global IT Category Leader for Network and Security, Other , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!