Company: Techno-Comp, Inc.
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Job Title: MySQL databasesLocation: Plano, TXDuration: Long Term
- Manage MySQL/MariaDB databases (Primary) and Oracle (Secondary)
through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development
to mission-critical production systems in both on-prem and AWS
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes,
including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure
high levels of performance, availability, and security.Perform data
modeling and database design.
- Analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing
problem resolution end-to-end.Refine and automate regular
processes, track issues, and document changes.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment
activities after hour.s.Automate database administration tasks such
as creating and migrating databases.
- Proactive and reactive performance analysis, monitoring,
troubleshooting and root-cause analysis of database related issues
in support of critical day-to-day business operations.
- Responsible for establishing and enforcing consistent database
standards, access protocols, profiling and benchmarking, and
development, execution, and measurement of effective service level
- Responsible for database capacity planning and efficient
utilization of database resources based on performance, growth and
- Responsible for ensuring high-availability (?99.0%) of critical
database systems and services and development, implementation and
testing of failover and recovery plans for all critical database
- Participates in the setting of objectives, strategies, plans,
- Standards/measures and procedures, as a member of the IT
leadership team.Participate in on-call system administration
support including but not limited to weekends,
- Holidays and after business hours as required to service the
needs of the business.Develop and implement plans for database
consolidation where needed.Create and maintain user accounts where
applicable.Maintain documentation of databases and systems.Work
with end users for special requests and new setups. Requirements:
- At least 4 years of experience managing MySQL databases.
- At least 2 years of experience managing Oracle databases.
- Experience with AWS technical essentials such as RDS, EC2, S3,
security, and networking.
- Proficient with shell scripting and/or a programming language
such as Ruby or Python in order to automate cloud infrastructure
- Experience with DevOps Orchestration/Configuration Management
technologies such as Chef, Puppet, Docker, Jenkins, Ansible, JIRA,
- Strong working knowledge of basic system administration on
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO),
using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Experience with backups, restores, and recovery models.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and teamwork skills.
- Knowledge of formal information security standards and best
practices, including database system hardening, identity
management, and database access controls.
- Demonstrated project management skills and the ability to track
and report progress against established milestones, metrics and
- Demonstrated verbal and written communications skills with
strong customer service orientation.Positive attitude, ability to
work in a team and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment and willing
to learn other database technologies. Experience Preferred:
- AWS and/or Vertica certification is a plus.
- Experience with Vertica databases will be an added advantage.
Thanks & Regards,Dileep Chitturi - Techno-Comp Inc.,P x 112 -
provided by Dice
Keywords: Techno-Comp, Inc., Plano , MySQL databases, Other , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!