FHA Claims Processing Specialist- Remote
Company: Freedom Mortgage
Posted on: February 21, 2021
Freedom Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender,
sexual orientation, national origin, or their status as a protected
veteran or an individual with disabilities. Local applicants
encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful
completion of background investigation. Smoke-free workplace.
Drug-free work environment. Excellent benefits package including
medical, dental, vision and 401(k). All resumes are held in
confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match
requirements will be contacted during this search. LENDER NMLS
Equal Opportunity Employer-
Job ID: 9400
Location: Plano, TX
Functional Area: Servicing
Department:FHA Claims/Prop Pres
Employment Type:Full Time
Relocation Provided: No
Soar With Us
Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage
have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them
achieve their dreams of financial betterment and homeownership.
This is only possible through our vast knowledge base and broad
capabilities, and it's demonstrated by our winning trajectory.
The Vacancy: FHA Claim Processing Specialist
The FHA Claim Processing Specialist is responsible for the filing
of all FHA Part B claims and all non-conveyance claims including
CWCOT (Claims without Conveyance of Title), SFLS (Single Family
Loan Sale) claims and all Loss Mitigation claims including PFS
(Pre-Foreclosure Sale) Claims, Partial Claims, SFB (Special
Forbearance) incentive claims, Loan Modification incentive claims
and HAMP claims. Additional responsibilities include, but may not
be limited to, claim auditing and analysis of curtailments/losses,
processing of partial claim documentation, follow up on all claim
payments, title package submission to HUD and monitoring for
approval or extension as needed within investor/insurer timeframes.
It is essential these functions are handled as timely as possible
within established requirements to minimize all associated
What does the job look like?
As an FHA Claim Processing Specialist , your daily duties will
- Monitor attorney firms to ensure that all title packages are
submitted timely or ensure extension to HUD is requested as needed
within investor/insurer timeframes.
- File all Part B expense claims within insurer/investor
- File all non -conveyance claims including CWCOT, SFLS and loss
mitigation claims within investor/insurer timeframes.
- Audit of claims filed to report on curtailments or losses to
- Process partial claim documentation required be sent for
recording and track progress
- Follow-up daily/weekly on all outstanding claim proceeds
- Work to resolve all exceptions on suspended claim funds
- Monitor daily reports and queues
- Act as a point of contact/liaison on all escalated issues
ensuring that policies and procedures related to post sale
processes are followed, including compliance with federal laws and
- Ensure Supervisor is kept informed of all trends and issues
including, but not limited to FHA claim curtailments, loss
- Plan and schedule work so that it can be performed effectively
and efficiently to reduce costs where possible by improving methods
- Complies timely and accurately with instructions provided by
Supervisor. If unable to meet a deadline, the deadline must be
renegotiated prior to the initial deadline date.
Education and Position Requirements
- Basic knowledge and experience with FHA, default guidelines and
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrates professional behavior and teamwork, is dependable
and adheres to Company policies and procedures.
- Strong decision making skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong team player.
- Ability to manage time well and prioritize tasks.
- Microsoft office experience and advanced Excel knowledge.
- Strong work and business ethics.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as legal
documents, policies and procedures and financial reports.
- Problem solve and seek new solutions to issues and/or work
- Ability to effectively write reports and correspondence.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and
draw valid conclusions.
- Proficient in computer skills and knowledge of word processing,
spreadsheets, accounting general ledgers, accounts receivable,
accounts payable and e-mail internet software.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to handle high volumes in a fast paced
- Ability to meet critical departmental and federal timelines
with accuracy and efficiency.
- Ability to build relationships with both internal and external
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelors Degree (B.A.) from a
four-year College or University; or four to six years related
experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret
general business periodicals, professional journals, technical
procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports,
business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to
effectively present information and respond to questions from
groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts
such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of
plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply
concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to
Soar With Us.
Founded in Mount Laurel, NJ in 1990, Freedom Mortgage has since
grown into one of the largest and fastest-growing privately owned
full-service residential lenders in the USA. Licensed in all 50
states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands,
Freedom Mortgage has over 5000 employees nationwide, proudly
servicing $225.6 billion, and is still growing.
Our mission is to foster homeownership in America. Freedom is a
leader in VA mortgage lending and is one of the mortgage industry's
largest philanthropic supporters of the USO and military families
through its Team Freedom Cares philanthropic arm.
Locations include suburban Philadelphia and Fishers, IN, two
regions where we were named Top Workplaces. We also have large
operating centers countrywide, including these desirable markets:
Beaverton , OR; Boca Raton, FL; Columbia, MD; Jacksonville, FL;
Melville, NY; Plano, TX; San Dimas, CA; Tempe, AZ; Troy, MI and
If you seek a sense of community, top training, opportunity for
advancement, a comprehensive benefits package and reward and
recognition program, look no further.PI130218504
Keywords: Freedom Mortgage, Plano , FHA Claims Processing Specialist- Remote, Other , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!