Presales Chief Technologist - Security Products
Company: Micro Focus
Posted on: September 16, 2020
Presales Chief Technologist - Security ProductsJob
At Micro Focus, we help organizations run and transform themselves
in a constantly changing world. We are a pure-play software
company, meaning we have a level of focus that other technology
companies dont have. From the ground up, we are built to sell and
support software. We provide our customers with a best-in-class
portfolio of enterprise-grade scalable software with analytics
built in. Our software solutions include Enterprise DevOps Hybrid
IT Management, Security, Risk & Governance, and Predictive
Our mission is simpleby bridging the gap between existing and
emerging technologies, we help organizations innovate faster, with
less risk, in a world thats constantly changing.
- Everything we do is based on the idea that the quickest and
safest way to get results is to build on what you have. And our
software does just that.
- Our software bridges the gap between existing and emerging
technologies, but our people make this happen.
- We are committed to driving innovation and we value
collaboration, partnership, and leadership.
- We promote teamwork, diversity, and integrity, and we honor our
commitments to conduct business fairly and respectfully.
Everyone hereall of us around the globe who build, sell, and
support our softwareare committed to their success.Role of a
Specialist Presales Technical ConsultantA Technical Consultant (TC)
will serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and be primarily
responsible for supporting the sales cycles with detailed, deep
technical domain expertise within a particular solution area or a
cross solutions. They would establish a technical understanding and
match between Micro Focus solutions and a prospects needs through
use of compelling software demonstrations, outline of technical
architectures, input to RFI/RFPs, and conduct Proof of Concepts
As one of the key focus areas, the Security, Risk & Governance
product group is adding new customers every year with varying
levels of technical complexities by helping them address needs
across breach defense, managing of identities, securing
applications, compliance and protecting data. An expert level TC is
expected to apply advanced subject matter knowledge to solve
complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert.
They frequently contribute to the development of new ideas and
methods while working on complex problems where analysis of
situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple
factors. They can lead and/or provide expertise to functional
project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives.
The individuals serve as a product expert providing direction and
guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. They
frequently represent the organization to external customers/clients
and can exercise significant independent judgment within broadly
defined policies and practices to achieving
- Help execute Business Development activities and own certain
- Participate in Territory/Account planning meetings.
- Identify potential opportunities based on known technical
requirements of customers.
- Participate in opportunity planning meetings as required.
- Identify potential opportunities based on known technical
requirements and drives synergies from similar experiences.
- Participate in opportunity discovery.
- Scope, create, and deliver custom software presentations and
demonstrations and drives synergies from similar experiences.
- Research and complete technical RFx responses. Participate in
the final review of the RFx response.
- Lead technical portions of design sessions. Document as-is and
desired future state.
- Create technical solution deliverables and delivers the
presentation of the recommended solution.
- Lead in the completion of the technical validation by scoping
the technical validation and creating the detailed test plan of the
evaluation. Conduct the evaluation per SOW, assists in the
execution of the test plan, presents the findings and reiterates
- Support business validation.
- Analyze data from various sources and synthesizes alternatives
to create innovative solution that will meet and evolve beyond
- Can visualize sales opportunities over and above simple
existing customer problems.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a presales or professional
services role and/or 6 years of IT experience related to Security,
Risk and Governance.
- Technical or Business Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science
discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrates a broad knowledge of security technology &
solutions, with strong expertise in one or two areas of Identity
and Access Management (IAM), Information Management, Application
Security, Data Security and/or Information Security.
- Previous experience with any of the Micro Focus Security, Risk
and Governance products or competing solutions is preferred.
- Industry recognized security-focused certification (CISSP,
CCSP, OSCP, CEH, SANS Certs, and Comp TIA) is preferred but not
- Demonstrates general understanding in Security architecture,
demonstrating solutions delivery, principles and emerging
technologies - Designing and implementing security solutions. This
includes continuous monitoring and making improvements to those
solutions, working with Security, Information Technology, and
Product Development teams.
- Demonstrates general understanding with any of the following
Information Security Products and Techniques: Security Information
and Event Management, Application Security, Data Security,
Anti-virus, Firewalls, Intrusion Prevention Systems, VPN, IPSEC,
Attack Vectors, Malware / BOT detection.
- Leverages strong understanding of the competition - both
positioning strategy and technology - to create competitive
advantage for Security, Risk and Governance products.
- General understanding of the NIST Cybersecurity Framework or
other Risk Management Frameworks preferred but not required.
- Soft Skills (excellent oral and written communication)
Job:SalesMicro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Prospective employees will receive consideration without
discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender,
national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual
orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally
Keywords: Micro Focus, Plano , Presales Chief Technologist - Security Products, Other , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!