Please be advised: There are a number of scams trying to take
advantage of job seekers. Scammers may try to collect confidential
information to use for identity theft or try to get money from job
seekers as part of the recruiting process. DENSO will never ask for
money during the application or interview process, or ask for your
confidential information outside of our job application system. To
learn more about the most common job scams, get tips on how to
avoid being scammed, and federal reporting procedures, please
DENSO is a global Fortune 500 company and an advanced mobility
supplier and manufacturer. We develop technology and components for
nearly every make and model on the road today.
At DENSO, we believe technology can help solve some of society's
greatest challenges. Our broad product portfolio includes mobility,
electrification, powertrain, and electronic systems. With
manufacturing at our core, we have 170,000 employees across 221
facilities in 35 countries who engineer, design and manufacture
advanced technologies that directly change how the world moves.
Globally headquartered in Kariya, Japan, we spend 9.9% of global
consolidated sales on research & development in the fiscal year
ending March 31, 2020. In North America, we're headquartered in
Southfield, Michigan, and we employ 27,000+ in the United States,
Canada and Mexico. In the United States alone, we employ 17,700
across 41 sites in 14 states, including the District of
This resident engineer position at TMNA will be primarily
engaged in the system development of the automotive multimedia
product and its related connected services. The main responsibility
will be to provide engineering and PM support to TMNA SET team in
development management effort. This position is expected to support
management of multimedia product development as well as
coordination with other function development team for system spec
review, system integration, and various testing.
• Manage and support specification development and release of
the multimedia functions of “Audio or Connected Services” area.
• Conduct evaluation in accordance to evaluation plan and
generate evaluation report.
• Coordinate with related teams and suppliers to finalize the
specifications to be released.
• Support performance improvements as well as usability
improvements of multimedia and telematics services.
• Support the SET team for the entire life cycle of product
development. (i.e., Planning, Benchmark, Specification development,
Testing, Schedule tracking, Milestone audit).
• Manage development schedule, scope, and deliverable quality
with the SET and function team members.
• Support continuous improvement and process standardization
during the development and evaluation phase.
• Report resident engineer activities and key highlights to the
back office of Denso Ten
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Written and verbal communication and presentation skills to
primarily gather or exchange information with internal and external
customers on factual matters
Experience in development lifecycle of automotive multimedia
products (preferably for Toyota program)
Prior experience with a Tier 1 Automotive supplier (preferably
Involvement in telematics systems development
• Minimum 5 years of experience in Vehicle Electronics
• Ability to document ES (Engineering Specification), Evaluation
• Experience with development models (Agile, SDLC, Open source,
• Knowledge of following in-vehicle technology platform
(Bluetooth, BLE, Wifi, MOST, or CAN)
• Ability to conduct root cause analysis, triage, and
• MS office tools (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and
Extensive working experience in automotive field focused on
telematics services and products
• Experience with following technology (LTE, CDMA, GSM, mobile
apps, or connected vehicle products)
• Strong understanding and experience with API and web services.
Linux, UNIX, OSX, AWS, Azure
• Certifications (One or more): PMP, ITIL, Six Sigma, ACP, APMG,
• Successful product development and deployment experience
Hear about it first. Receive career-related communications and
updates from us. Email Address
Area of Interest Area of Interest
Opt In for Additional Communications
Your privacy is important to us. Please review our privacy
policy for more information on how we collect, use, and store your
DENSO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled
status, or genetic information.