Data Scientist Lead
Posted on: May 20, 2020
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Data Scientist
Lead for the San Antonio Home Office I or Plano Legacy.
Data Scientist Lead uses advanced techniques that integrate
traditional and non-traditional datasets to enable analytical
solutions; Applies predictive analytics, machine learning,
simulation, and optimization techniques to generate management
insights and enable customer-facing applications; Builds analytical
solutions leveraging internal and external applications to deliver
value and create competitive advantage; Leads initiatives and
influences system architecture to enable automated intelligent
solutions; Translates complex analytical and technical concepts to
senior management to enable business decisions; Maintains
relationships with academic and industry thought-leaders to ensure
enterprise has access to cutting-edge thinking and technologies.Job
RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA knows what it means to serve. We
facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military
members and their families. This singular mission requires a
dedication to innovative thinking at every level.In each of the
past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to
Work For--, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military
Friendly-- Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran
workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses--to apply. (17
seconds) (31 seconds)
- Partners with business leaders across the organization to
assess business needs, define business problems and develop a
research agenda; Leads cross functional, matrixed teams to solve
highly complex work critical to the organization.
- Designs and builds large and complex information sets;
Integrates and extracts relevant information from large amounts of
both structured and unstructured data (internal and external) to
enable analytical solutions.
- Leads and conducts advanced analytics leveraging predictive
modeling, machine learning, simulation, optimization and other
techniques to deliver insights or develop analytical solutions to
achieve business objectives.
- Leads efforts to develop scalable, efficient, automated
solutions for large scale data analyses, model development, model
validation and model implementation.
- Works with IT to translate prototypes into new products,
services, and features and provide guidelines for large-scale
- Builds and maintains a robust library of reusable algorithms
and supporting code such that research efforts are based on the
highest quality data, are transparently conducted, are able to be
productionized and are reproducible.
- Provides guidance regarding analytical approach and iteration
of algorithms to team members.
- Translates complex analytical and technical concepts to senior
management and non-technical employees to enable understanding and
drive informed business decisions.
- Develops and maintains academic and industry relationships for
the purposes of research; Interacts with internal and external
peers and management to maintain expertise and awareness of cutting
edge techniques, technologies and potential business
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics,
Quantitative Economics, Statistics, or related field. 6 additional
years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be
substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 or more years in predictive modeling, large data analysis and
- Experience in stochastic modeling, machine learning, and other
advanced mathematical techniques (e.g., neural nets, simulation,
- Expert in at least one compiled language (e.g., Java, C or more
or more) and one dynamic scripting language (Python, PERL,
- A strong track record of communicating results, insights, and
technical solutions to Senior Executive Management (or
- Proven ability to enrich (add new information to) data, advise
on appropriate course(s) of action to take based on results,
summarize complex technical analysis for non-technical executive
audiences, succinctly present visualizations of high dimensional
data, and explain & justify the results of the analysis
- Highly competent at data wrangling and data engineering in SQL
and SAS as well as advanced machine learning (ML) techniques using
Python; comfortable in cloud computing environments (Azure, GCP,
- Hands-on experience developing products that utilize advanced
machine learning techniques like deep learning in areas such as
computer vision, Natural Language Processing (NLP), sensor data
from the Internet of Things (IoT), and recommender systems; along
with transitioning those solutions from the development environment
into the production environment for full-time use.
- Fluent in deep learning frameworks and libraries (TensorFlow,
Keras, PyTorch, etc).
- Experience in reinforcement learning, knowledge graphs and
graph databases, Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs),
semi-supervised learning, multi-task learning is a plus.
- Experience in publishing at top ML, computer vision, NLP, or AI
conferences and/or contributing to ML/AI-related open source
projects and/or converting ML/AI papers into code is a plus.The
above description reflects the details considered necessary to
describe the principal functions of the job and should not be
construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be performed in the job.At USAA our employees enjoy one of
the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible
business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical,
dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building
programs.-- Additionally, our career path planning and continuing
education will assist you with your professional goals.Relocation
assistance is available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Plano , Data Scientist Lead, Other , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!