Transaction Advisory Services Associate
Company: Whitley Penn
Posted on: March 28, 2020
Whitley Penn is a Texas-based full-service public accounting firm.
With offices in Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, Plano, and
Texas City, 65 partners, more than 550 employees, and a worldwide
network affiliation via Nexia International, the firm is
strategically positioned for continued growth both locally and
Our steady growth over the past 35 years reflects our knack for
hiring individuals with talent and integrity, and our ability to
stay one step ahead of the issues our clients face in an
ever-changing business landscape.
More Than a Job:We're actively seeking a Transaction Advisory
- We have a commitment to a happy, healthy and productive
workplace. We act on this commitment via our FitWhit program, an
extensive wellness program uniquely designed to meet the health and
wellness needs of busy professionals.
- We offer a competitive benefits package and 401k with
discretionary profit sharing.
- We place an emphasis on our open door policy. Whether someone
is brand new or has been with the Firm from the beginning, we are
all part of the same family and each person matters.
Our Ideal Candidate Likely Has:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related area
required; Masters preferred
- CPA license or CPA eligible preferred
- Strong current knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting
Principles (GAAP), mergers and acquisitions, or transaction
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects and act
autonomously while being a team player
- Capable of independently performing research of industries,
markets, economies, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines in
a fast-paced environment--- Proficiency with Microsoft Office,
- Willingness and ability to travel when necessary
- Individuals must be highly dedicated with a positive attitude,
self-motivated, a team player who takes initiative and willing to
As a Transaction Advisory Services Associate, You Will:
- Participate in financial due diligence engagements related to
acquisitions by private equity investors and corporate buyers
- Analyze financial/operational results of target companies
through reviewing accounting information and conducting interviews
- Prepare/evaluate pro forma financial information
- Identify issues for purchase price reduction consideration,
deal structuring or deal termination.
- Identify post-acquisition action steps to achieve anticipated
earnings/cash flow improvements.
- Evaluate effects of seasonality and cyclicality on cash flow
- Assist with writing detailed reports and perform financial
analysis, including the analysis of cash flows, quality of earnings
and assets, potential liabilities and risks, and the impact of
findings on the valuation of the target company
- Provide advisory services to clients to assist them in
maximizing their financial opportunities and manage the risks
involved with possible mergers and acquisitions
- Member of engagement teams with senior client executives,
attorneys, investment bankers, and private equity investors
- Strong client relationship skills to reinforce relationships
with current and prospective clients of the firm
Keywords: Whitley Penn, Plano , Transaction Advisory Services Associate, Other , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!