US Professional Services Practice Leader
Company: Micro Focus
Posted on: March 27, 2020
US Professional Services Practice Leader
US PROFESSIONAL SERVICES PRACTICE LEADER
Micro Focus helps organizations run and transform its business
through four core areas of digital transformation: Enterprise
DevOps, Hybrid IT Management, Predictive Analytics and Security,
Risk, and Governance. Our software provides the critical tools they
need to build, operate, secure, and analyze their enterprise. By
design, these tools bridge the gap between existing and emerging
technologies enabling faster innovation, with less risk, in the
race to digital transformation.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The US Professional Services Practice Leader is responsible for
setting the direction and managing the deliverables of the sales
team and achieving revenue and expense objectives. This person
builds pipeline and provides forecast to achieve linearity and
financial objectives, as well as leading and driving the largest
sales opportunities in the US region. Resolves customer problems
and participates in important negotiations with key customers.
Where appropriate, seeks to build strategic executive relationships
externally with clients and internally within company, and partners
with internal and external resources to develop best-in-class
solutions for the customer. Provides guidance on process
improvements and recommends changes in alignment with business
tactics and strategy for area of responsibility. Plans, manages and
monitors operational/tactical activities of Staff. Staff members'
work may involve strategic issues. Recruits and supports
development of direct staff members. Manages the performance of
individual contributors and the team overall and coaches, grows and
develops talent within the organization. Close collaboration with
regions Client Principals and Delivery Manager on delivering and
implementing Micro Focus services to our customers.
has details about our Professional Services team.
THE US PROFESSIONAL SERVICES PRACTICE LEADER WILL:
Deliver the Business: Develops a clear plan to drive execution,
deliver the numbers and meet business goals.
* Monitors results through metrics to keep orders, time rate and
deal closure on track
* Engages peers to ensure forward movement on business deals and
* Develops risk mitigation plans for expected and unexpected
impacts to the business
* Regularly visits the main customers in the Region
* Sponsor of the top sales opportunities every quarter
Foster the Culture: Evangelizes the breadth and depth of Micro
Focus to create synergies and opportunities that drive change,
innovate and increase results.
* Promotes the vision for transforming Sales to build a climate of
performance and success
* Embraces change to scale opportunities and ignite ideas from team
* Represents the value and talents of his or her team to promote
One-Micro Focus customer opportunities
* Build strong partnership with the License and Support
Team Enablement, Coaching and Development: Translates strategy into
a clear set of priorities. Uses a horizon view to accelerate team
performance, engage employees and increase agility.
* Looks beyond the quarter to identify business needs, skill or
capability gaps to develop team readiness
* Sets clear performance expectations and holds regular discussions
to acknowledge achievement, highlight areas for improvement and
* Hires above the watermark to increase team potential and inspire
* Creates one team across Sales and Service Delivery
Pipeline Management: Disciplined review of opportunities and data
driven decisions for forecast accuracy and consistent revenue
* Uses data to forecast and manage the plan for attaining quota to
achieve consistent revenue
* Looks ahead to plan long-term approaches while driving execution
within the quarter
* Monitors results through metrics and customer satisfaction,
quarterly reviews and performance feedback
* Embraces the whole solution portfolio to drive cross-sell and
Resource Optimization: Plans and negotiates the use of resources
and tools to increase efficiencies, circle the account and win in
* Collaborates with stakeholders to develop shared view of GTM
plan, ensure enablement and leverage economies of scale when
deploying critical GTM strategies
* Leverages own network for improved business results and customer
* Leverages resources and plans for demand volume to balance
workload and develop bench strength
Customer and Market Intelligence: Continuously develops deep
insights into the market and competitive landscape to serve
customers and drive competitive wins.
* Uses understanding of customer challenges to identify and
actively develop relationships across the Business Units to
assemble customer teams
* Uses competitive intelligence in account planning and sales
activities to develop counter strategies that will neutralize
competitive influence on the customer s buying decisions
* Addresses competitive differentiators for Micro Focus at the
business and solution level, specific to the customer s
implementation and use case
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* University or Bachelor's degree.
* Typically 7+ years experience in sales.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Directly related management experience and work results including
success in achieving progressively higher quota or other sales
* Demonstrated level of project management skills
* In addition to core selling skills, should have proven success
and demonstrated leadership in the key areas above.
If you want to be part of what's next and find out more about our
available opportunities, visit Micro Focus Careers.
MICRO FOCUS IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYEES WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION WITHOUT
DISCRIMINATION BECAUSE OF RACE, COLOUR, RELIGION, CREED, GENDER,
NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, MARITAL OR VETERAN STATUS, SEXUAL
ORIENTATION, GENETIC INFORMATION, CITIZENSHIP OR ANY OTHER LEGALLY
Keywords: Micro Focus, Plano , US Professional Services Practice Leader, Other , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!