Legal Director IT, Privacy & Cybersecurity
Company: Black Enterprise Magazine
Posted on: February 26, 2021
Legal Director IT, Privacy & Cybersecurity Auto req ID:
Job DescriptionThis position can be located in Plano, Tx, Chicago,
IL or Purchase, NY
PepsiCo is creating more smiles with every sip and every bite by
winning with purpose with our consumers. This means that we are
continuing to integrate purpose into our business strategy and
doing even more for our planet and our people. We recognize that we
have not only an opportunity, but a responsibility to use our scale
and reach to help build a more sustainable food system - one that
can provide nutrition and enjoyment, and drive economic growth and
social development, while protecting and restoring the planet. One
of the key priorities of our sustainability agenda is supporting a
circular economy by reducing, recycling and reinventing our
This Counsel role is an integral part of the global Information
Technology Legal Team and will support the Companys global
Information Technology function, including significant
collaboration with the Global Procurement, Information Technology,
Information Security, Data & Analytics, Consumer Relations,
E-Commerce and Marketing teams. This individual will be responsible
for the following:
- Draft, review, interpret and negotiate cloud computing,
technology licensing, outsourcing contracts, confidentiality,
consultant, development, and other agreements.
- Engage with global business and legal teams to provide
drafting, negotiation, and training support for technology
- Provide counsel in cybersecurity and privacy, as relevant in
various consumer channels, including e-commerce.
- Participate with review of and approve information security
policies and protocols.
- Provide Legal support in responding to privacy and
cybersecurity related incidents.
- Plan and execute strategies for worldwide data security
protection and technology import-export compliance with
- Provide advice and counsel in vendor dispute resolution.
- Drafting and negotiation of confidentiality, consultant,
development and other agreements.
- Regularly consult with and support members of the IT Legal Team
and oversee outside counsel in handling matters in a productive and
cost-effective manner. Qualifications/Requirements Required
- Bachelors Degree and a Juris Doctorate degree from an
accredited program; license to practice law in the United
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience at a law firm and/or
corporate legal department (prior in-house counsel experience
- Experience in representing clients in high-tech commercial
transactions, software licensing agreements, SaaS agreements,
telecom agreements, service outsource arrangements, hardware
leasing, source code escrows, IT consulting agreements, software
development agreements, and export compliance.
- Experience required in cybersecurity strategy, governance,
regulatory, and incident response.
- Experience required in privacy compliance, strategy and
operationalizing privacy programs; IAPP certifications strongly
- Clear understanding of data /information management and
- Agility to develop tools and templates for repeatable
- Strong research, analytical, and risk assessment skills.
- Excellent client relationship skills.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate (written and
verbal) and work collaboratively with PepsiCo leaders and
stakeholders at all levels of the organization, other in-house
counsel, and outside counsel.
- Effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines,
including ability to work under time constraints and
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and proactive, with
prioritization skills to manage projects.
- Creative, innovative team player with positive attitude who
displays sound judgment and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to quickly develop PepsiCo business acumen Preferred
- Global work experience or coordination is preferred.
- Dispute resolution experience preferred. Relocation Eligible:
Not Eligible for Relocation
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority /
Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws,
including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections
4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance
Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal
Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an
applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the
Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement
","street_address":"United States - TX - Plano - 5600 Headquarters
Dr - 75024-5838","city":"Plano","state":"Texas Out performing
ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together,
we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even
bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just
committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to
strengthen the company as a whole. Around the world, we're working
hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they
need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to
sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business
practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new
ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and
environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an
opportunity for personal and professional growth.
Keywords: Black Enterprise Magazine, Plano , Legal Director IT, Privacy & Cybersecurity, Legal , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!