Posted on: February 22, 2021
USA - California - Mountain View/Sunnyvale Job Description and
Requirements At Synopsys, we're at the heart of the innovations
that change the way we work and play. Self-driving cars. Artificial
Intelligence. The cloud. 5G. The Internet of Things. These
breakthroughs are ushering in the Era of Smart Everything. And
we're powering it all with the world's most advanced technologies
for chip design and software security. If you share our passion for
innovation, we want to meet you.
We're looking for Corporate Counsel to join our team.
Does this sound like a good role for you?
As Corporate Counsel in Synopsys' Litigation & IP Group, you will
work on all facets of our global litigation and investigations. You
will counsel the business on complex emerging issues and support
company policies relevant to the protection and preservation of our
intellectual property and other confidential information. You will
be a cross-functional collaborator, supporting IP-related
activities including Synopsys' participation in standards bodies,
advising on litigation risks in commercial licensing activities,
and supporting the Ethics & Compliance and Employment teams with IP
- J.D. or equivalent degree, member of California Bar
- 2-4 years major law firm experience
- IP experience and/or technology interest a plus
- Open source software licensing experience a plus
- e-Discovery experience a plus
- Manage global litigation and other disputes, including
discovery and e-Discovery
- Manage investigations, including document review, interviewing
witnesses, responding to subpoenas, work with forensic
investigators and outside counsel
- Understand business strategy and counsel business on complex
business and product issues, including IP concerns, enforcement,
and legal risks
- Manage and enforce document retention, open source governance,
and secure information program policies
Inclusion and Diversity are important to us. Synopsys considers all
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age,
military veteran status, or disability.
Keywords: Synopsys, Plano , Corporate Counsel, Legal , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!