TV Plus Software Engineer
Company: Samsung Electronics
Posted on: May 25, 2023
The primary focus of this role is to support the TV Plus product by working with the scrum team to complete feature requests, build designs, and maintain the back end services that run TV Plus linear channels.
Role and Responsibilities
- 4+ years of software development experience in a large scale Production environment
- Proficient with a scripted programming language (Python preferred) and a strongly typed/compiled language (Golang preferred)
- Bachelors/Master's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or related STEM field
- Ability to solve problems in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with a focus on maintaining high quality and standards.
- Experience writing clean, maintainable API's (REST and graphQL experience preferred)
- Able to communicate in writing, through email and reports, or orally complex technical matters to an audience of equal or higher-level technical competency.
- Experience in writing tests for the code written
- Ability to deliver and accept feedback on code and design
- Strong understanding of data structures and algorithms.
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with Git, Docker, Kubernetes, MongoDB, AWS (Elemental, Cloudfront, S3, Lambdas)
- Understanding of security compliance
- Experience working in a Unix system.
- Experience in continuous integration
- Experience with ad tech
- Ability to debug unfamiliar distributed architectures and isolate problems
At Samsung, we believe that innovation and growth are driven by an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce. We aim to create a global team where everyone belongs and has equal opportunities, inspiring our talent to be their true selves. Together, we are building a better tomorrow for our customers, partners, and communities.
* Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate
Samsung Electronics America requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption, or an exemption required under state/local law, is approved. Offers of employment are contingent upon proof that a candidate is fully vaccinated or qualifies for an exemption. More details on how to apply for an exemption are provided after the application process is complete.
Reasonable Accommodations for Qualified Individuals with Disabilities During the Application Process
Samsung Electronics America is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application process, please contact our Reasonable Accommodation Team (855-557-3247) or SEA_Accommodations_Ext@sea.samsung.com for assistance. This number is for accommodation requests only and is not intended for general employment inquiries.
Keywords: Samsung Electronics, Plano , TV Plus Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Plano, Texas
here to apply!