Senior Software Engineer
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Position Type : Full time Type Of Hire : Experienced (relevant
combo of work and education) Education Desired : Bachelor of
Computer Engineering Travel Percentage : 0%Job DescriptionWe are
FIS. Our technology powers the world s economy and our teams bring
innovation to life. We champion diversity to deliver the best
products and solutions for our colleagues, clients and communities.
If you re ready to start learning, growing and making an impact
with a career in fintech, we d like to know: Are you FIS?About the
role:As a Senior Software Engineer on our team, you will be working
with best-in-class payment processing enablement technologies,
platforms, and associated services. You will become deeply familiar
with the payments area of the growing and increasingly competitive
FinTech industry.What you will be doing:
- Contributing to critical implementation designs and coding
choices for product development initiatives, working closely with
our dedicated software and platform architects.
- Delivering high quality features buy contributing to design,
development, testing and release.
- Working closely with our Product Owners to help flesh out
requirements and features, groom work, and actively participate in
quarterly planning events with regular check-ins.
- Collaborating with other, internal Engineering groups and teams
to craft solutions that have cross-team dependencies.
- Participating actively in code reviews to maintain high quality
standards that ensure Security, Availability, Performance,
Maintainability, and Scalability.
- Mentoring and coaching more junior engineers.
- Participating in Performance tuning activities and looking for
opportunities to improve platform performance.
- Participating in production support efforts to keep the
24/7/365 platforms running at their best.What you will need:
- At least 7 years of experience in delivering software solutions
in either consumer or enterprise space.
- 5+ years of experience in C#, .NET and related frameworks,
including complex topics like multi-threading, networking, state
management, REST, MVC, etc.
- 3+ years of experience with GIT and GIT Flow code management
- 2+ years of experience with Microsoft Azure, Azure DevOps, and
deploying distributed apps/services on Azure platforms.
- Bachelor s Degree or Higher in computer science, Information
Technology, or related field required.
- Understanding of Agile software development mode, ideally SAFe
for Enterprises.Bonus if you have:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent technical design, problem solving and debugging
- Excellent collaboration skills within and across teams.
- Ability to connect technology with measurable business
- Demonstrably self-driven with an ability to deliver on
sometimes ambiguous technical challenges and incomplete data.
- Ability to drive deep internal engineering conversations on
potential strategy toward improving our Azure Data Services and own
this input end to end.
- Able to support all phases of the product development cycle
including architecture, design, development, debugging,
documentation, and validation.
- Payments and/or point-of-sale experience a plus.What we offer
you:A career at FIS is more than just a job. It s the change to
shape the future of fintech. At FIS, we offer you:--- A voice in
the future of fintech--- Always-on learning and development---
Collaborative work environment--- Opportunities to give back---
Competitive salary and benefits.Privacy StatementFIS is committed
to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information
that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For
specific information on how FIS protects personal information
online, please see the Online Privacy Notice .EEOC StatementFIS is
an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national
origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected
characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here
supplement document available here For positions located in the US,
the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer
of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA
Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to
include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this
position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have
been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All
reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on
a case-by-case basis. Sourcing ModelRecruitment at FIS works
primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of
our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept
resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred
supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for
resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part
of our company.
Keywords: FIS, Plano , Senior Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!