Full Stack Software Engineer (Remote)
Company: Fannie Mae
Posted on: June 24, 2022
At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an
affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of
Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to modernize
the nation's housing finance system while being part of an
inclusive team using new, emerging technologies. Here, you will
help lead our industry forward, enhance your technical expertise,
and make your career.
Our Integrated Technology Solutions (ITS) team is looking for
multiple Full-Stack Software Engineers to help develop and support
our mission critical applications. These applications support some
of the most important financial activities happening at Fannie Mae
today (a critical element in the national economy). Additionally,
you will be a part of an on-going effort to modernize our platforms
across ITS as we work in an agile and collaborative manner.
We are looking for highly motivated engineers who want to solve
tough technical challenges and learn and incorporate new
technologies into their skillset. In this role, you would use a
tech stack including Java, Spring Boot, and Microservices-based
architecture in AWS. You will be engaged across the software
development life cycle to create, enhance, and maintain platforms
and capabilities in a collaborative and Agile environment.
Key Job Functions
- Participate in all team ceremonies including planning,
grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
- Deliver software features using high end development tools to
assist or facilitate development process.
- Leverage Fannie Mae DevOps tool stack to build, inspect,
deploy, test and promote new or updated features.
- Collaborate with other teams to set up, configure and maintain
a continuous integration environment.
- Work with product owners and other development team members to
determine new features and user stories needed in new/revised
applications or large/complex development projects.
- Support complex architecture and design sessions
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure
that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the
user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture
patterns as appropriate.
- Respond to trouble/support calls for applications in production
in order to make quick repair to keep application in
- Create or update documentation in support of development
efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications,
implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 2+ years of related enterprise experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Experience with full-stack development/design using Java/JEE,
Python, or other modern programming language
- Experience with Spring related technologies such as Spring
Core, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, and Spring Integration
- Experience with CI/CD with knowledge of Git Hub, Maven and
- Experience in production support that has high
- Strong problem-solving skills in troubleshooting issues and
maintenance of Web Services
- Ability to collaborate and work with stakeholders across
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with other
engineering teams and key business stakeholders
- AWS or other cloud technology experience or strong desire to
work on cloud technology implementation and development
- Experience with implementing integration solutions with
Microservices, RESTful Web Services and Web APIs
- Experience as a technical lead on projects
- Ability to lead in an Agile environment
- Knowledge or experience in basic DevOps support and
- Strong development/technical skills in Tomcat, Maven, Git and
- Experience in front-end technologies such as Angular,
Fannie Mae has multiple Software Engineer opportunities currently
available across our Integrated Technology Services division. For
more information about Fannie Mae, visit
- Please note that this invitation is NOT an active
opening/posting. Submitting an application constitutes an
expression of interest in similar current and future openings at
Fannie Mae. A recruiter will review your qualifications and if your
skillset aligns to our openings , you may be contacted.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job
applicant will be required to successfully complete a background
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job REF ID: REF2648U
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling
opportunities at Fanniemae.com/careers.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are
committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender
identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected
veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an
accommodation in the application process, email us at
Keywords: Fannie Mae, Plano , Full Stack Software Engineer (Remote), IT / Software / Systems , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!