Senior Software Automation Engineer
Company: Request Technology - Craig Johnson
Posted on: June 22, 2022
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible* Prestigious Enterprise Company is
currently seeking a Senior Software Automation Engineer. Candidate
will join a team responsible for Enterprise Logging & Monitoring
services with the help of various COTS products that we administer,
maintain, and operate. Responsibilities:
- Engineer automation and orchestration designs to help provide
seam-less and highly available solutions
- Development, planning and execution of multiple automation and
application development projects.
- The automation team within the ELM develops automation use
cases for the engineering and administration of the tools.
- Some of the use cases include: Reconciliation of the data with
CMDB, automated deployment and upgrades, automated password
changes, automated configuration changes and deployment,
integration within the tools using APIs.
- Automate use cases for customers to make the monitoring
services more self-serviced.
- Create and maintain a web-app for providing monitoring
self-service options for customers and partners of the logging and
- Identify and drive service enhancement opportunities through
automation and development.
- Embrace and foster DevOps and agile best practices for
delivering solutions. Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering,
Information Systems or equivalent field
- At least 5+ years for experience working in a similar role
delivering automation solutions using Java, Python or other
- Strong experience on developing and building DevOps workflows
for a Tools team.
- At least 2 years RESTful API s, Microservices and System to
System API development experience.
- AWS, CI/CD, Jenkins, DevOps Process (GI, Jenkins, Terraform,
Cloud Formation, AWS resources).
- Proven experience in emerging and innovative technologies such
as: Spark, Scala/Java/Python, Python, REST, JSON, NoSQL databases,
relational databases, Jenkins/Maven, Ansible and AWS/Cloud
Infrastructure to name a few.
- Strong experience with monitoring on AWS cloud with CloudWatch,
cloud trail, Kinesis/Kinesis Firehose and other AWS services such
as EC2, S3, ELB, IAM, VPC.
- Understanding of container platforms such as Docker, Kubernetes
and ways to monitoring them on AWS using Prometheus, Grafana and
other open-source tools such as ELK.
- Strong experience of Linux with Scripting knowledge.
Keywords: Request Technology - Craig Johnson, Plano , Senior Software Automation Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!