Database - R&D Software Engineer
Company: Broadcom Corporation
Posted on: January 16, 2022
1. If you are a first time user, please create your candidate login
account before you apply for a job. (Click Sign In > Create
2. If you already have a Candidate Account, please Sign-In before
This position is responsible for creating, testing, ensuring the
quality of and maintaining a product or product line. The R&D
Software Engineer will perform code modification, testing, and
debugging tasks as well as provide analysis related to software
design and development (on the IBM mainframe platform).
Work collaboratively within an Agile Team to write high quality,
testable code that meets the Definition of Done:
* Strive to meet team commitments.
* Adopt a test-first approach to software development in which,
where possible, the test is developed before the code.
* Participate in design and code reviews with other engineers.
* Create automated unit, system, and acceptance tests.
* Participate in test plan reviews.
* Perform unit/module testing of software.
* Actively support and contribute to end of iteration demos.
* Responsible for assigned integration, testing, and deployment
* Actively foster continuous team improvement in self and team:
* Contribute to team retrospectives; help to identify and resolve
* Take ownership of problems and continuously strive to become a
better problem solver.
* Write and maintain documentation to describe program development,
logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections.
* Work within a self-directed Agile team; commit to work and own
* Demonstrate and cultivate a passion for delivering high quality
products aligned with customer needs; gain customer exposure to
* Employ continuous learning; continue to build domain expertise
and keep abreast on new technology, processes, systems and
* Actively communicate and collaborate within the team and across
* Professional Staff. An entry-level professional role. Evaluation,
originality and ingenuity required. Knows how to apply the
fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of the software
Job-Specific Authority and Scope
* Generally works as a team with a senior level developer.
* Completes work as assigned by the team management
* Volunteers for and commits to delivering additional tasks
(stories) within the agile sprint.
* Takes ownership of assigned problems and continuously strive to
become a better problem solver.
* Typically has no direct reports.
* Typically has no total staff.
* Typically has a specific team focus.
* Typically does not manage a budget.
Business Travel and Physical Demands
* No (or minimal) business travel is expected for this
* Office environment. No special physical demands required.
Bachelor's degree or global equivalent in a software related
Typically, less than 2 years' experience in software development or
a related field.
General Skills & Competencies
* Demonstrates high personal integrity and ability to earn trust
* Demonstrates a growth mind-set, seeks feedback often, and is
effective in continuous personal and professional development.
* Participating in self-directed learning activities aimed at
developing expertise within technical domain, including reading
relevant publications, participating in domain forums or groups
* Demonstrated design/debugging/coding skills.
* Problem-solving skills.
* Communications and organization skills.
* Teamwork skills.
Desired Mainframe Technical Skills & Experience
* Has mastered the basics of operating as a developer in the IBM
* Experience in software development using IBM Assembler on the
mainframe (zOS or zVSE) platform.
* Experience is implementing JCL to execute batch processes in zOS
* Additional experience in one or more of the following programming
languages: IBM C, ISPF CLIST, REXX
Broadcom is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will
consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, citizenship, disability status, medical condition,
pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state, or local law. We will also consider
qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records consistent
with local law.
If you are located outside USA, please be sure to fill out a home
address as this will be used for future correspondence.
Keywords: Broadcom Corporation, Plano , Database - R&D Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!