Manager, Software Engineering
Company: Luminator Technology Group
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Manager, Software Engineering
Luminator Technology Group
Luminator Technology Group (Luminator) delivers globally-recognized
technology solutions that increase intelligence, safety, and
efficiency for public transit operations.
Delivering a global portfolio of hardware and software solutions
through well-known and well-established regional organizations,
Luminator is a global company with a small-enterprise approach and
commitment to customer success, serving customers in more than 85
countries, and employing nearly 1,000 people.
The organization is seeking a Manager of Software Engineering to
lead our talented software engineering team. This engaged team of
developers is at the core of the software solutions behind the
passenger information display system that we provide to the mass
The Manager of Software Engineering is responsible for delivery of
software products as well as managing day to day development
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of the daily operations of the Software Engineering
- Coaching and mentoring team members
- Leading the software on-time delivery and architecture efforts
for platform and backend software
- Working with the global Luminator team towards common software
- Estimation of effort required for new projects and
- Continuous evaluation of processes and improvements to increase
- Work closely with internal stake holders to determine release
scope and to ensure that features meet requirements
- Recruit top talent to grow the team capacity and
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without
accommodation. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Attention to detail and deep understanding of engineering best
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to see the "big picture" and translate it to in-depth
- Ability to lead and engage teams rather than manage
- Empathy and coaching skills
- Proven record of building, growing and retaining teams.
- Development platform/tools specification, deployment, and
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- A self-starter accustomed to effectively managing multiple
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
- 3-5 years experience of software engineering management
experience leading distributed team.
- 5+ years experience as a software developer in either C/C++ or
.NET and/or Linux embedded system domain.
- Distributed development team experience (internal or
- Embedded Linux, and Web system design and development
- Software/Hardware interaction and bring up knowledge.
- Exposure to cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, Google) and
- CI/CD pipeline
- Software engineering leadership role with hands-on work
- System architecture, design, and implementation
- Test Driven development including static analysis, unit,
integration, and regression testing
- Project and team management
- Experience working in an Agile/SCRUM, CMMI or similar
development process environment
- Git/Github version control and code review best practices
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described below represent
the activities and surroundings of the positions. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Physically required to regularly walk, sit, bend, twist, stand
and reach in a normal office environment.
- The employee may occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to perform constant work on computer
- Specific vision abilities required by this job are close,
distance, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and the
ability to adjust focus
- Luminator Technology Group intends to provide a safe and
drug-free work environment for our customers and our employees, as
a condition of employment Luminator Technology Group will require a
negative drug screen as part pre-employment process due to working
on or with federal contracts
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Luminator Technology Group, Plano , Manager, Software Engineering, IT / Software / Systems , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!