Software Engineer Advisor
Company: Fannie Mae
Posted on: February 23, 2021
At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an
affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of
Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to modernize
the nation's housing finance system while being part of an
inclusive team using new, emerging technologies. Here, you will
help lead our industry forward, enhance your technical expertise,
and make your career.
Our Single-Family Technology team is looking for a Software
Engineer Advisor that will be playing a key role in helping to
further our Single-Family development and application vision and
principles for the team. This is a key role that will be driving,
defining, and leading key transformational changes for our AWS and
Microservices target state and approach.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to influence stakeholders
and leadership on key Single-Family development and application
difficulties. You will solve problems through innovation and
applying cutting-edge tools and technologies such as AWS, utilizing
Microservices-based architecture, APIs, and more to build on
As a valued contributor to our team, you will provide expert advice
to the team and participate in designing, developing, testing,
and/or maintaining complex and critical application systems.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The SF Technology - Software Engineering - Advisor role will offer
you the flexibility to make each day your own, while working
alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following
- Determine the needs of the customer groups across multiple
projects, programs, or products while identifying and resolving
conflicting or complementary needs across customer groups.
- Design and develop software solutions to meet needs and may
also lead matrixed teams.
- Apply extensive expertise in process-driven approach in
- Implement new software technology and coordinate simultaneous
implementation tasks across teams.
- Oversee the maintenance of existing software.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
Minimum Required Experiences
- 6 years of experience in leading complex technology teams
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Excellent collaboration & communication skills. Strong ability
to mentor/coach team members as well as experience in influencing
- Experience as a Technical Coach to provide technical guidance
in designing and architecting critical software applications
- Ability to scale and coach multiple teams in parallel on their
Cloud migration and adoption journeys
- At least 8 years of experience in Java/J2EE and related
technologies with solid understanding of design principles
- Demonstrated background in publishing technical white papers
and presenting to large audiences, including executives
- Extensive experience in developing Cloud (AWS) based services
and capabilities including implementation, development and support
- Experience with implementing integration solutions with
Microservices, RESTful Web Services and Web APIs
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of API ecosystems, CI/CD and
DevOps principles, and design thinking
- Expert proficiency in application of analysis/design
Job REF ID: REF1925R
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling
opportunities at Fanniemae.com/careers.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are
committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender
identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected
veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an
accommodation in the application process, email us at [email
Keywords: Fannie Mae, Plano , Software Engineer Advisor, IT / Software / Systems , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!