Posted on: August 6, 2022
This role also assists the payroll department in the biweekly
payroll process utilizing UKG Pro to ensure compliance with
federal, state, and local laws. This position will work closely
with functional teams and be responsible for a highly visible and
important role within the business including being a key
contributor to the Company's culture and engagement. Special
emphasis on being proactive with HR policies and procedures is
critical. An energetic professional who can work independently and
enjoys the administrative challenges of wearing multiple hats is
desired for this role. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic about
the Company's mission, is willing to roll up their sleeves and get
things done in a fast-paced environment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Create, maintain and support a variety of reports or queries
using appropriate reporting tools. Assist in development of
standard reports for ongoing customer needs.
- Support data analysis in systems by running and reviewing
reports to ensure data integrity.
- Assist in payroll processing, garnishment calculations and
inquiries and to be positioned as the primary back-up for
processing payroll as needed.
- Review the bi-weekly payroll ledger for accuracy.
- Assist in reporting, reconciling, and paying payroll-related
- Maintain knowledge on all payroll trends and best
- Maintains current knowledge of applicable state and federal
wage and hour laws.
- Respond timely to employee and provider requests, answering
- Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed
to cover all possible activities, duties or responsibilities that
are required of the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or
- 2+ years of experience in HR systems, payroll processing, and
- Working knowledge of payroll systems, such as ADP, UltiPro (UKG
Pro), Workday, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with intermediate level skills
in Microsoft Excel with the ability to create formulas, charts,
graphs and pivot tables.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel,
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP), active
- Experience processing payroll for all 50 states
- This role has no supervisory responsibilities
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This
role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers,
- This is largely a sedentary role. Physical requirements include
occasional lifting/carrying of 5 pounds; visual acuity, speech and
hearing; hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary
to operate a computer keyboard and basic office equipment. Subject
to sitting, standing, reaching, walking, twisting, and kneeling to
perform the essential functions. Working conditions are primarily
inside an office environment.
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
The Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics,
or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or
local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of
employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion,
termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,
compensation, and training.
Keywords: Astech, Plano , Payroll Specialist, Human Resources , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!