Payroll Assistant 3
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: August 4, 2022
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities
to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around
the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Corporation is seeking a Payroll Assistant III.
The selected candidate will work in a shared services payroll
organization responsible for processing approximately 89K+
employees nationwide using SAP Payroll, Timekeeping and Financial
software. The selected candidate must be able to apply NG payroll
policy/procedures, multiple regulatory requirements and system
capabilities to the NG's payroll process and to the various
problems, inquiries, and special needs arising from departments,
employees, and associated outside agencies. This position will
allow for part-time telework, but candidates need to be local to
Irving , TX or one of our VA offices. Responsibilities include, but
are not limited to:
- Ensures compliance with NG policies and procedures by auditing
various payroll reports, prepping and keying pay adjustments for
regular and manual payroll runs, and researching and investigating
- Assists managers and sector points of contact with pay related
- Provides information and detailed responses to inquiries
regarding payroll-related activities.
- Performs related regression testing as needed to support
systems upgrades and/or process changes.
- Assists in executing computer processing of SAP payroll by
running payroll simulations for terminations, adjustments,
subsequent activities to clear/updates balances, and more payroll
- Perform analytical and statistical reviews of payroll related
data and systems payroll edits.
- Participate in various organization led activities to support
overall strategic goals
- Regular and consistent attendance for the assigned work
schedule is essential. Basic Qualifications :
- High school diploma and 4 years of related education, i.e.
business or accounting and/or relevant work experience
- Local to Irving, TX or one of our offices in VA
- Proficiency in the Microsoft office suite (excel, word, and
- Payroll processing experience including relevant regulatory
requirements; internal policy and procedure; accounting practices;
system software requirements
- Knowledge of FLSA, federal and state laws, etc.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing;
- Must possess a strong characteristic for attention to detail
- Problem-solving; organizing and prioritizing work demands in
order to meet critical deadlines
- Perform basic payroll calculations
- Operating a personal computer including standard software and
some specialized accounting software
- 1 year of experience involving extensive payroll duties
- Must be able to work well in a team environment
- Fundamentals of Payroll Certification [1 year completion
- SAP experience
- Prior experience working in a shared service or center of
excellence environment Salary Range: $34,600 USD - $67,300 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to
base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual
contributions as well as allow employees to share in company
results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be
eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman
provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage,
life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays
and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. The
health and safety of our employees and their families is a top
priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on
their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be
required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved
disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future
court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed
federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Plano , Payroll Assistant 3, Human Resources , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!