Posted on: August 7, 2022
Snooze - Who are we?
Morning people! Yes, we are those people. We are a full-service
breakfast restaurant, and we want each morning to feel like your
weekend and happy hour rolled into one - no matter which side of
noon its on. Were the place where you can be you, and where our
regulars are anything but. Everyones welcome at our table, because
the same goes for our people as it does for our dishes: the
unexpected twists are what makes them so special.
The Sous Chef Role at Snooze
As second in command of the Snooze kitchen you are responsible for
ensuring the highest quality food and standards. Your primary
duties include maintaining all kitchen functions including the
purchasing, storage, inventory and preparation of food products
while upholding a standard of excellence in safety and sanitation.
You are also responsible for training Snoozers on methods of
cooking, preparation, plate presentation, portion control and food
cost analysis. You are the Head Chefs right hand in ensuring guest
satisfaction is being met consistently. Your overall goal is to
maintain the "WOW" factor of Snooze food, be creative, have fun,
and be a role model for others in the kitchen.
At Snooze, we not only want to pay you for the great work you do
each and every day, but we also want to help you take care of
yourself and your family. Below is a breakdown of a few benefits
Snooze offers for this position.
- No late nights-youll be home by dinner time every night!
- Weekly pay and competitive hourly rates
- Competitive Basic Health, Dental, Visions, Pet and Accident
- Employer paid Short Term disability and Life Insurance
- 401k/Roth 401k Plans
- Unlimited affordable Telehealth program
- 120 Hours (15 days) of vacation time accrued per year and paid
at a regular rate
- 40 Hours (5 days) of paid sick time paid at regular rate per
- Four (4) Paid Holidays
- 8 Hours (1 day) of paid community volunteer time paid at
regular rate per year
- 100% paid meal benefits
- Other benefits including potential field trips, community
engagement, and personal and professional growth
- Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas Day to spend time with family
- The opportunity for development and advancement
- Unlimited dance parties!
The Position Specifics
- Accurately manage all Heart of House Snoozers to ensure
adherence to all Snooze policy, procedures, methods, and
- Be knowledgeable of Snooze policies regarding personnel and
administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any
and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
- Maintain quality standards according to the guidelines of
Snooze Food, ensuring the best possible product goes in and out the
- Assist the management team in making employment and termination
decisions including interviewing, hiring, training, evaluating,
reviewing, and coaching Heart of House Snoozers as
- Ensure the proper training of all Heart of House Snoozers in
safety and sanitation practices, equipment operation and proper
kitchen tool usage.
- Assist Head Chef in preparing all required paperwork, including
inventory, par sheets, ordering, forms, reports and schedules.
- Verify that all equipment is kept clean and in excellent
working condition through personal inspection and following
preventative maintenance plans.
- Assist in controlling food cost and usage by following proper
requisition of products, organized storage procedures, standard
recipes and waste control.
- Control labor cost by assisting in scheduling based upon
forecasted sales, positions needed, and proper time
- Provide leadership and instruction pertaining to Snooze basic
safety and sanitation procedures and guidelines.
- Help to create a fun, safe and rewarding work environment for
Is this the role for you?
Sous Chefs at Snooze...
- Must be 21 years of age and be authorized to work in the United
- Have knowledge of food, beverage, and safety generally
involving at least 2+ years of operations experience and 1+ years
of leadership experience.
- Possess excellent basic math skills and can operate a cash
register and Point of Sale system. Must also be able to communicate
and understand the predominant language (s) of the restaurants
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
(up to 10 hours) and have the stamina to work 45 to 50 hours per
Lets talk about safety
Your safety is our #1 priority. Because of that, it is every
Snoozers responsibility to ensure cleanliness, sanitation, and
safety within our restaurants. We hold both Snoozers and guests
accountable to our Safety Guidelines. We require daily wellness
checks from all Snoozers and are committed to a safe working
Snooze is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Snooze, Plano , Sous Chef, Hospitality & Tourism , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!