RN Infusion - Infusion
Company: GI Associates & Endoscopy Center
Posted on: September 20, 2023
RN InfusionGI Alliance is seeking an experienced RN
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the
Responsible for providing professional nursing care for patients
including assessment, treatment, care planning, and medical care
and evaluation by following established professional standards and
practices. Assists physicians and staff in coordinating patient
care. Functions as primary liaison between patients, staff and
* Obtains patient consent for care and ensures patient
confidentiality. Obtains and documents health history, information
on chief complaint, vital signs, and health risk factors and
assesses disease condition. Provides patient care based on nursing
practice guidelines, company policies, INS standards of practice
and federal/state laws and regulations.
* Executes prescribed treatments and medical interventions,
administers prescribed medications, and monitors and documents
treatment progress and patient response. Refers to/consults with
physicians, other health providers, and community resources to
prevent/resolve problems or concerns. Educates patients and
families about health status, health maintenance, and management of
acute and chronic conditions.
* Documents patient assessment and intervention data using
established medical record forms/automated systems and
* Maintains/reviews patient records, charts and other pertinent
information. Posts tests and examination results. Maintains
accurate inventory of all medications.
* Responds to/refers incoming patient treatment-related phone
* Maintains patient confidentiality.
* Responsible for administering all medications: PO, IV, SC, IM as
* Coordinate and execute treatment plans for patients
* Schedule follow-up appointments
* Will collaborate with GIA Research department as required
* Other duties as directed or assigned.
EDUCATION: RN degree. Completion of nursing training from an
accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 3 years professional nursing experience.
Minimum of 1 year infusion experience in acute, outpatient, home
and / or physician office setting. Gastroenterology experience
REQUIREMENTS: Current state registered nurse license. Current CPR
certificate. CRNI certification preferred.
* Knowledge of nursing processes; health care systems, structure,
and functions; and community resources. Understanding of health
care technology, equipment, and supplies. Familiarity with state
law on nursing care, nurse practice guidelines, INS standards of
nursing practice and GIA policies and procedures.
Proficiency in obtaining and maintenance of intravenous access
through peripheral IV catheter insertions and/or central venous
* Knowledge of chart/medical record documentation requirements and
federal/state HIPAA laws related to release of health care
* Knowledge of common OSHA safety hazards and precautions to
maintain a safe work environment.
* Skill and knowledge in applying and modifying the principles,
methods and techniques of professional nursing to provide ongoing
* Skill in time management, problem solving, multitasking,
prioritizing, and medical care coordination.
* Skill in verbal and written communication.
* Skill in initiating appropriate crisis interventions and
emergency response calmly and effectively.
* Skill in patient triage in person and on the phone.
* Skill in preparing/maintaining records, writing reports and
responding to correspondence.
* Ability to analyze options and then counsel patients and families
about choices and make referrals to other providers and
* Ability to read and interpret physicians orders and notes from
* Ability to calculate and administer drug dosages and injections
and measure results.
* Ability to maintain quality control standards.
* Perform other clinical duties as deemed appropriate by nursing
GI Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to
creating an inclusive, welcoming, and equitable work environment.
Our company values and celebrates the diversity of our physicians,
staff and patients. We firmly believe our service is greatly
enriched by our diversity of thought, experience, perspective,
culture, and background.
Please Note: All job offers are contingent on the successful
completion of pre-employment criminal history check.
NOTE: ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE COMPLETED IN FULL FOR
No phone calls or agencies, please.
Keywords: GI Associates & Endoscopy Center, Plano , RN Infusion - Infusion, Healthcare , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!