Posted on: May 26, 2023
Hospital Name: Dallas Veterinary Surgical Center - Plano
Job Type: Veterinary Technician
Description & Requirements
Are you looking to be a part of an amazing team of people who get to help provide state of the art healthcare to our companion animals? Dallas Veterinary Surgical Center - Plano Location- is currently seeking a qualified, driven individual to deliver excellent client and patient care as one of our extremely valued client service technicians.
Candidates must be able to maintain a consistent, professional, and compassionate demeanor during demanding and very fast-paced situations.
This position is full-time Monday-Friday 7:15-4:30pm
The purpose of this position is to provide outstanding client service. Our client service Technicians (CST) have many duties ranging from assisting surgeons during consults, differentiates between routine and emergency cases, scheduling appointments, greeting clients, admits and checks out patients, processes payments, manages financial information, and communicates information between clients and surgeons, act as a liaison between the client and surgeon.
Our CSTs must enjoy working with people and diverse clients and is caring, friendly, and efficient. Creates a warm and welcoming impression. Remains professional and courteous while handling multiple tasks with many interruptions. Firmly believes in the quality of care provided and communicates this sense of assurance to clients. Understands our services and recommendations and clearly communicates them to clients. Empathizes with clients and remains compassionate and well-mannered if a client becomes emotional or discourteous. Remains calm and collected in the face of emergency situations.
* At least two years' recent experience in a veterinary or medical environment, with increasing responsibilities.
*Ability to submit to drug screening as we are a drug-free workplace
* Knowledge of general office practices and procedures
* Demonstrate ability to perform clerical work with speed and accuracy, use a multiple-line telephone system, and handle cash and other forms of payment.
* Experience maintaining patient records, obtaining relevant information from clients, and accurately entering a variety of information in patient records.
* Ability to complete assigned tasks in the time allotted without direct supervision.
* Demonstrate the ability to show empathy toward clients and treat animals with respect and compassion.
* Ability to perform TPRs, restrain patients with proper restraint technique, blood draws, catheter placement, experience with radiology
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
* A commitment to outstanding client service.
* Ability to lift objects weighing 40 pounds without assistance and objects weighing more than 40 pounds with assistance.
**benefits include health insurance, supplemental health insurance, 401k, discounted pet services, and wonderful paid time off benefits. Salary will commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Keywords: NVA, Plano , Veterinary Technician, Healthcare , Plano, Texas
here to apply!