Field Based Traveling Community Health Ambassador - Continental US
Company: UnitedHealth Group
Posted on: May 22, 2023
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by
technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The
work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by
connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and
resources they need to feel their best.Here, you will find a
culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers,
comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come
make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance
health equity on a global scale.Join us to start Caring.
Connecting. Growing together. DELTA Community Health Worker is
on-the-job trainer, assisting with onboarding newly hired Community
Health Workers in multiple market locations in-person or remote.
They will also support mature markets when requested by market
leadership when there is a Community Health Worker coverage
- Conduct screenings face to face or telephonically, to assess
social determinate of health needs.
- Conduct home visits and/or phone or video calls to patients to
collect clinical and psychosocial information, and carry out
designated tasks, including but not limited to:
- Resource referral and connection
- Quality measure documentation, support, and follow up.
- Telemedicine facilitation and set up.
- Collect information regarding patient conditions using
standardized checklists and templates.
- Partner with Landmark interdisciplinary team (providers,
nurses, social workers, etc.) to drive improvement in patient
outcomes and satisfaction.
- Actively participate in weekly interdisciplinary team
- Assisting as a mentor to other employees with Training. This
training might be in different states or virtual.
- Interviewing and on the job training for new Healthcare
Ambassadors in both implementation and mature markets.
- Perform chart audits.
- Establish consistency and standardization of processes and
promote best practices.You'll be rewarded and recognized for your
performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you
clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as
provide development for other roles you may be interested
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 3+ years of experience with working within the Community Health
setting in a field - based healthcare role
- 2+ years of experience with working within the local community,
including knowledge of culture and values and familiarity with the
resources available within the community
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to
travel to client and / or patient sites within a designated area
and the ability to travel within assigned territory to meet with
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time.
- Ability to work an 8-hour shift Monday- Friday from 8:00am to
- Resides in Eastern, Central OR Pacific Standard Time Zone
- Dedicated work area established that is separated from other
living areas that provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if
- Residing in a location that can receive a high-speed internet
connection (additional information on UnitedHealth Group approved
internet providers and restrictions will be provided)Preferred
- Experience with using Microsoft Word (creating and editing
- Microsoft Excel (creating and editing spreadsheets)
- Microsoft Outlook (sending meeting invites and emails)Careers
with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more
effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects
of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one
insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together
some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its
fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work
with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve
important challenges.California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada,
Washington or New York, Rhode Island Residents Only: The salary
range for California / Colorado / Connecticut / Nevada / Washington
/ New York / Rhode Island residents is $18.80 - $36.78.Pay is based
on several factors including but not limited to education, work
experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary,
UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive
benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock
purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to
eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a
career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice
of benefits and incentivesAt UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to
help people live healthier lives and make the health system work
better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender,
sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to
live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too
many barriers to good health which are disproportionately
experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups
and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our
impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable
care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes
- an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.Diversity creates
a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected
veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by law.UnitedHealth Group is a
drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test
before beginning employment.#RPO #RED
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, Plano , Field Based Traveling Community Health Ambassador - Continental US, Healthcare , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...