Clinical Rehab Specialist
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Description Clinical Rehabilitation SpecialistMedical City
HealthcareWeekends/Holidays as needed
Position Summary: This position acts as a coordinator between
internal and external referral sources, and acute inpatient rehab
operations. The Clinical Rehabilitation Specialist is responsible
for establishing relationships with case managers, physicians,
payors, and other referral sources. The Clinical Rehabilitation
Specialist will ensure appropriate patient placement through
clinical screenings and assessments in collaboration with both
hospital Case Management and the Rehab Medical Director.
The Clinical Rehabilitation Specialist works closely with hospital
case management to ensure a responsive and smooth flowing referral
and admission process for the inpatient acute rehab program.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follows approved company policy and procedures. The Clinical
Rehabilitation Specialist utilizes appropriate patient information
sources as well as direct communications with other members of the
patient's care team to identify those patients who may need acute
inpatient rehabilitation services prior to returning home. The
Clinical Rehabilitation Specialist will review these patients daily
until they have strong clinical evidence to request a physician
order for a formal pre-admission assessment for acute inpatient
rehab through their assigned case manager.
- Once Case Management has completed the Patient Choice process
and the patient has agreed to participate in a HCA acute
rehabilitation program, the Clinical Rehabilitation Specialist will
assist and coordinate the in-take and pre-admission screening
process. The Clinical Rehabilitation Specialist accurately
documents evidence of the patient's compliance with the established
rehabilitation admission criteria on the Pre-Admissions Screening
form in a timely and legible manner. Updates to the Pre-Admission
Screening form are completed within 48 hours prior to admission to
the acute inpatient rehab program. The Clinical Rehabilitation
Specialist then provides this information to the Rehab Medical
Director and responds to any question or request for additional
information the Rehab Medical Director might require to make an
appropriate admission decision. Admission decisions are
communicated to referral source within 2 hours.
- Performs on-site and off-site review of patients in designated
facilities to assist Case Management in identifying patients that
could clinically benefit from rehab services.
- Performs on-site and off-site clinical evaluation to assist
Rehab Medical Director in determining appropriateness of patient
- Provides information related to inpatient rehab and program
features to Case Management to share with patients and family
members. May provide directly to patient and family after a patient
has selected HCA as rehabilitation provider.
- Communicates to patients, expectations and requirements for
participation, upon admission to the rehab program. Offers each
patient and family a tour of the rehab unit (or coordinates tour if
unable to provide personally).
- Secures information relating to patient's resources and
- Demonstrates clinical knowledge of rehab admission criteria,
leading to appropriate identification of qualified rehab
- Advises referral sources on inpatient rehab criteria.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with
all referral sources.
- Completes face-to-face, in-service educational contacts with
physicians, case managers, other interdisciplinary members and
other professionals. Serves as educational resource to patients,
family members and caregivers.
- Participates in market analysis, data analysis and development
and implementation of business plans for the Rehab Unit.
Contributes to the development and maintenance of referral source
information such as brochures, flyers, referrals and information
kit and other outreach tools.
- Manages time proficiently. Prioritizes meeting commitments to
referral sources. Develops a call-plan to prioritize utilization of
- Assists in developing the annual strategic plan for the Rehab
Unit/Hospital, to include visible community outreach program and
raise community awareness of services available.
- Ensures referral sources receive appropriate and timely
follow-up communications regarding their patients and hospital
- Develops back up system to handle calls when he/she is
- Develops system that ensures calls are appropriately handled 24
hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Graduate of an accredited school in clinical specialty,
- Minimum 2 years recent clinical care experience, required
- Clinical experience in the care and management of the Inpatient
Rehabilitation patient, preferred
- Experience as a clinical liaison coordinating admissions for
inpatient rehabilitation, preferred Certifications and Licenses:
- Licensed Professional in a clinical health care specialty (i.e.
RN, Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, or Speech
- Current state license in clinical practice area or eligible for
state license transfer.
- BCLS certification (AHA), preferred
- Pass facility credentialing for Functional Independence
Measurement (FIM) within 90 days upon hire, then maintains current
- If RN, CRRN preferred and / or achieve within 2 years of
At Medical City, you have options. You can choose from a variety of
benefits to create a plan just for you. You can enroll in several
different medical plans, if eligible, which includes vision and
dental. You can even select additional a la carte benefits to meet
all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP),
401k (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of
service), flex spending accounts for medial and childcare needs,
participate in our tuition reimbursement/assistance and student
loan repayment programs, paid personal leave, identity theft
protection discounts; auto, home, and life insurance options, and
About Medical City Healthcare: Medical City Healthcare is one of
the region's largest, most comprehensive health care providers and
includes 14 hospitals, 7 off-campus emergency rooms, more than 50
ambulatory sites, more than 7,000 active physicians and 15,000
employees in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
As part of HCA (NYSE: HCA), we lead the industry in putting
patients first. Our physicians, staff and hospital leaders are
committed to offering patients and their families hope and healing
through quality care and advanced technology. To that end, we work
every day to ensure an environment where our physicians provide
strength, expertise and experience, and our partners are entrusted
to act with absolute integrity.
Medical City Healthcare is committed to providing excellent care
that is convenient and accessible. Our focus on patient safety and
quality is grounded in evidence-based medicine and is delivering
better outcomes for our patients every day. As part of our
continuous quality improvements, Medical City Healthcare benchmarks
our rankings in emergency department wait times, door-to-balloon
times and key service line indicators as reported by CMS. Our
Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications immediately.
Highly qualified candidates will be contacted promptly for
interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Plano , Clinical Rehab Specialist, Healthcare , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!