EMS Medical Control Spec PRN
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Description EMS Medical Control Specialist Medical City Plano
Hospital Work Schedule: PRN Medical City Plano is a full-service,
603-bed acute care hospital with more than 1,600 employees and over
1,000 physicians on staff, representing over 70 specialties and
subspecialties. The medical staff at Medical City Plano is a
diverse group of experienced professionals. They are dedicated and
committed to using new technologies and keeping up-to-date on
recent advancements in health care. Every member of our staff -
including nurses, radiologists, therapists, pharmacists, support
staff, management and administration - is focused on the health and
comfort of every patient who comes through our doors. We offer an
excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary,
comprehensive benefits and growth opportunities. Our benefits
include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life,
disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program,
employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We
would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity. EMS
Medical Control Specialist Job Summary: Responsible for building
and maintaining relationships with Emergency Medical Services
(EMS)/first responders, other hospitals and the community for
transports and referrals to The Medical Center of Plano. Work
collaboratively with the TMCP EMS team to ensure proper
action/resolution for identified provider, referral source and
patient issues. EMS Medical Control Specialist Job
- Answer all incoming EMS calls and coordinate with ED Charge
Nurse the room assignment for each patient to ensure smooth
transition of care from EMS to ED.
- Ensure report is called in a timely manner to outside receiving
hospitals for agencies not coming to TMCP.
- Ensure trauma, stroke, and STEMI team activations are activated
per patient reports.
- Collaborate with security regarding the status of incoming
aircraft and need for landing zone assistance.
- Relay helipad status to all incoming aircraft.
- Monitor EMSystems status for TMCP and update as needed.
- Be knowledgeable in use of RAC initiatives for
communication/data management during multiple casualty
- Assist EMS personnel as needed with identified issues
(equipment location, lounge stock, etc.).
- Assist with obtaining and tracking EMS run sheets, statistics
and reconciliation of data that is required by facility, division,
- Provide follow up to EMS providers before end of each shift on
high acuity patients such as trauma, stroke, and STEMI.
- Maintain knowledge base of protocols for all departments under
EMS Medical control.
- Participate in shift huddles with ED staff.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to multitask in
highly stressful situations.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, EMS systems, planning,
organizations and processes.
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills.
EMS Medical Control Specialist Job Requirements:
- Technical or Vocational training
- EMT-Paramedic issued from Texas Department of State Health
Services (DSHS), BLS, ACLS
- Minimum of three years' experience with pre-hospital and
hospital emergency medical services, strong preference for an
individual who is knowledgeable with EMS radio operations.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Plano , EMS Medical Control Spec PRN, Healthcare , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!