Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Description IntroductionDo you want to join an organization that
invests in you as an EMT Coordinator? At Medical City Healthcare,
you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in
programs to support our incredible team members over the course of
three years.BenefitsMedical City Healthcare, offers a total rewards
package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of
our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our
patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference.
We are looking for a dedicated EMT Coordinator like you to be a
part of our team.Job Summary and Qualifications
- Performs all transfer center functions, including centralized
patient placement, in a timely, customer centered professional
manner with the aid of a computer database consisting of facility
service profiles, approved clinical protocols, established patient
care protocols, and healthcare information.
- Transport coordination specific to the transfer of patients and
discharges from HCA facilities.
- Follow specific protocols, policies, procedures, and utilize
established resources to safely place patients at facilities.
- Work collaboratively with team members ensuring appropriate
- Establish and maintain a high degree of awareness and knowledge
of hospitals' medical staff, services, and special programs.
- Exhibit and model exceptional customer relationship behaviors,
including telephone and personal contact with all of the call
center' customer groups (i.e. physicians and their office staffs,
callers, and fellow employees).
- Maintain professionalism and customer- centric communication
with challenging callers.
- Performs functions, including centralized patient placement,
for medical and or behavioral health patients in a timely, customer
centered professional manner with the aid of a computer database
consisting of facility service profiles, approved clinical
protocols, established patient care protocols, and healthcare
- Coordinates transfer of emergent, urgent and elective patients
to a final destination facility from all potential referral sources
to include but not limited to hospitals, clinics, post-acute
centers, and physician offices via a telephone call to initiate
acceptance and expedite decision making relative to a potential
- Patient placement functions will ensure timely bed placement,
appropriate bed assignment, and provide accurate patient
information to assist with the development of an initial plan of
- Ensures accurate and concurrent data collection and maintenance
in both patient record and center workflow systems.
- Proficient in navigating and documenting in all technology
platforms and other call and office-oriented systems as
- Must be proficient in EMTALA.
- Knowledge of all state/federal regulatory requirements
pertaining to ambulance transports
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with
physicians and their offices to coordinate admission
- Problem-solving skills to determine the best course of action,
which will be satisfactory to the patient, the physicians, and the
- Knowledge of basic hospital services.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of hospital and
clinical operations and patient care practices
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, Internet searches,
and relevant data bases.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure to follow
through on issues.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and
- Ability to establish and maintain long-term customer
relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting
and exceeding expectations.
- Ability to work effectively with other employees and external
- Minimum 2 years of clinical or hospital experience required-
highly preferred ED and acute hospital experience.
- Call Center/Transfer Center experience (preferred)
- EMT Basic Certificate (required)HCA Healthcare (Corporate),
based in Nashville, Tennessee, supports a variety of corporate
roles from business operations to administrative positions. Like
our colleagues in any HCA Healthcare hospital, our corporate campus
employees enjoy unparalleled resources and opportunities to reach
their potential as healthcare leaders and innovators. From market
rate compensation to continuing education and career advancement
opportunities, every person has a solid foundation for success.
Nashville is also home to our Executive Development Program, where
exceptional employees are groomed to take on CNO- and COO-level
roles in our hospitals. This selective program focuses on ethics,
leadership and the financial and clinical knowledge required of
professionals at this level of the industry.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder We are a family 270,000 dedicated
professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing
applications for our EMT Coordinator opening. Qualified candidates
will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join
our community of caring!We are an equal opportunity employer and
value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis
of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Plano , EMT Coordinator, Healthcare , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!