Registered Nurse (RN) - Med Surg - $17-20 per hour
Company: Medical City Healthcare
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Medical City Healthcare is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) Med
Surg for a nursing job in Plano, Texas.Job Description &
- Specialty: Med Surg
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- 36 hours per week
- Shift: 12 hours, evenings, flexible
- Employment Type: PermanentDescription SHIFT: Evenings (rotating
weekends)SCHEDULE: Full-timeEMS Medical Control Specialist
Medical City Plano Hospital--
Work Schedule: Full Time Evenings
--Medical City Plano is a full-service, 603-bed acute care hospital
with more than 1,800--physicians on staff, representing over 70
specialties and subspecialties. The medical staff at Medical City
Plano is a diverse group of experienced professionals. They are
dedicated and committed to using new technologies and keeping
up-to-date on recent advancements in health care. Every member of
our staff - including nurses, radiologists, therapists,
pharmacists, support staff, management and administration - is
focused on the health and comfort of every patient who comes
through our doors.
We offer an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and growth
opportunities. Our benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental,
flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee
discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan
repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic
EMS Medical Control Specialist Job Summary:
Responsible for building and maintaining relationships with
Emergency Medical Services (EMS)/first responders, other hospitals
and the community for transports and referrals to The Medical
Center of Plano. Work collaboratively with the TMCP EMS team to
ensure proper action/resolution for identified provider, referral
source and patient issues.
EMS Medical Control Specialist Job Responsibilities:
- Answer all incoming EMS calls and coordinate with ED Charge
Nurse the room assignment for each patient to ensure smooth
transition of care from EMS to ED.
- Ensure report is called in a timely manner to outside receiving
hospitals for agencies not coming to TMCP.
- Ensure trauma, stroke, and STEMI team activations are activated
per patient reports.
- Collaborate with security regarding the status of incoming
aircraft and need for landing zone assistance.
- Relay helipad status to all incoming aircraft.--
- Monitor EMSystems status for TMCP and update as
- Be knowledgeable in use of RAC initiatives for
communication/data management during multiple casualty
- Assist EMS personnel as needed with identified issues
(equipment location, lounge stock, etc.).
- Assist with obtaining and tracking EMS run sheets, statistics
and reconciliation of data that is required by facility, division,
- Provide follow up to EMS providers before end of each shift on
high acuity patients such as trauma, stroke, and STEMI.
- Maintain knowledge base of protocols for all departments under
EMS Medical control.
- Participate in shift huddles with ED staff.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to multitask in
highly stressful situations.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, EMS systems, planning,
organizations and processes.
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills.
Qualifications EMS Medical Control Specialist Job Requirements:
- Technical or Vocational training
- EMT-Paramedic issued from Texas Department of State Health
Services (DSHS), BLS, ACLS
- Minimum of three years' experience with pre-hospital and
hospital emergency medical services,-- strong preference for an
individual who is knowledgeable with EMS radio operations.
Medical City Healthcare Job ID #00058-175715. Pay package is based
on 12 hour shifts and 36 hours per week (subject to confirmation).
Posted job title: EMS Medical Control Specialist
Keywords: Medical City Healthcare, Plano , Registered Nurse (RN) - Med Surg - $17-20 per hour, Healthcare , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!