Registered Nurse, Surgery Circulator - OR Circulate
Company: Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Registered Nurse, Surgery CirculatorSurgery Circulator
(Operating Room) Registered Nurse
Are you looking for a rewarding career with family-friendly hours
and top-notch benefits? We're looking for qualified Operating Room
Registered Nurses like you to join our Texas Health family.
* Work location: Texas Health Plano
* Work environment: Surgery
* Work hours: Full Time, 40 Hours, evening shift
* Call , Weekends and Holidays Required
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano is a 386-bed,
Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical leader,
providing technologically advanced care to Plano, Frisco and
surrounding communities since 1991. This full-service facility
features a full range of specialties including emergency medicine,
cardiology, adult and adolescent behavioral health, pediatrics, an
adult intensive care unit, state of the art and technologically
advanced surgical services and a Level IV NICU. Texas Health
Presbyterian Hospital Plano has more than 1,700 employees and over
1,360 physicians on its medical staff in more than 65 specialties.
The hospital is an advanced Level III Trauma Facility, accredited
Chest Pain Center by The Joint Commission, named "Best Place to
Have a Baby" in Collin County and a Gold-Level Mother Friendly
business. Texas Health Plano is a recipient of the Disease Specific
Care Certifications from the Joint Commission in Chest Pain, Joint
Replacement - Hip and Joint Replacement - Knee and an Advanced
Certification as a Primary Stroke Center.
* Associate's Degree Nursing required; Bachelors Science Nursing
(BSN) completion within two years of earliest start date in a Texas
Health RN role is required.
* 1 Year Experience as a clinical nurse or completion of an RN
residency program (required)
* BSN (Preferred)
* 2 years of Experience as a clinical nurse in the Operating Room
as a RN (Preferred)
* RN - Registered Nurse Upon Hire (Required)
* BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire (Required)
Position Responsibilities An Operating Room Registered Nurse with
Texas Health will respond to others' priorities regarding safety,
physical, psychological and social needs.
In addition to the required qualifications, a successful Registered
* Complete regular assessments and maintenance of comfort
* Have knowledge of basic physiology and pathophysiology
* Have knowledge of human emotions during health and illness
* Have knowledge of human development across the life span
* Have knowledge of pain and suffering, pain interventions and pain
* Provide safe patient care as evidenced by:
* Use barcode medication verification (BMV) during medication
* Complete accurate documentation in the electronic health
* Complete assessments accurately and in a timely manner
* Individualize care plans specific to the needs of the patient
* Provide consistent attention to airway, intake, elimination,
sleep, rest, mobility and hygiene needs
* Demonstrate knowledge of patient rights and incorporating into
A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills,
and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
Why Texas Health As a Texas Health RN you'll enjoy top-notch
benefits including 401(k) with match, paid time off, competitive
health insurance choices, healthcare and dependent care spending
account options, wellness programs to keep you and your family
healthy, tuition reimbursement, a student loan repayment program
At Texas Health, our people make this a great place to work every
day. Our inclusive, supportive, excellence-driven culture make
Texas Health a place you'll love to call home.
Here are a few of our recent awards:
* 2021 FORTUNE Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For--" (7th
year in a row)
* Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4
* "America's Best Employers for Diversity" list by Forbes
* A "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" by Fortune and Great
Place to Work--
Additional perks of being a Texas Health Nurse
* Unlimited access to online continuing education for professional
and career development. Plus an RN Step Program including NCAP and
a nursing certification test-prep content for specialty nurses.
* A Nursing Excellence Advisory Board to provide the framework and
methodology for funding projects to improve the quality of patient
care through nursing education, nursing research and innovations in
* A strong shared governance structure featuring unit-based
councils that empower nurses to shape their work environment.
* A supportive, team environment with outstanding opportunities for
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits, Job
Listings by Category, recent Awards we've won and more.
Keywords: Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano, Plano , Registered Nurse, Surgery Circulator - OR Circulate, Healthcare , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!