Dialysis Registered Nurse - Floater - Dialysis
Company: DSI Renal, Inc
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Dialysis Registered Nurse - FloaterThe Registered Nurse provides
care and treatment to patients with chronic renal disease. This
position performs duties as assigned by the Charge Nurse, including
assisting and supervising Patient Care Technicians. Acute programs
may report directly to an Administrator or the first line of
regional operational management which may be an Area Director,
Regional Director, or Vice President of Operations, depending on
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other
duties and tasks may be assigned.
* Assist with clinical and operational processes to improve patient
health and minimize hospitalizations and missed treatments.
* Demonstrate effective use of supplies and staff labor hours.
* Perform duties as assigned to meet the patient care or
operational needs of the clinic.
* Complete and document monthly review of patient medication
profiles. Administer medications as ordered by the physician.
* May assist physician during patient rounds and transcribe and
implement physician orders timely.
* Assist with the implementation of anemia management and
medication protocols as requested.
* Provide patient education and follow up as needed.
* Assist with program's target goals for patient outcomes in
accordance with quality patient care and Company goals.
* Knowledge of and comply with federal, state, local laws and
regulations, including health care professionals practice act
* Perform duties at all times within limitations established by and
in accordance with company policy and procedures, applicable state
and federal laws and regulations.
* Complete patient admission process as outlined in policy and
procedure, collaborating with team members regarding real or
potential problems or needs relative to the treatment provided.
* Complete pre and post treatment physical assessments.
* Initiate and terminate patient treatments to include connecting
and disconnecting catheters and cleaning catheter sites per
* Set up dialysis machines; report machine problems to biomedical
technician and/or clinic's Administrator as appropriate.
* Clean, disinfect and provide quality control of dialysis machines
as required by policy and procedures.
* Participate in infection control monitoring, implementation, and
recording as requested.
* Use personal protective equipment as necessary.
* Be familiar with emergency equipment and all emergency
* Demonstrates effective staffing, as appropriate with staffing
ratios per state regulations and effective patient care, under the
direction of the Administrator.
* Communicate results of patient assessment, reassessment, and
ongoing monitoring to the physician, team members, and others as
appropriate to the individual needs of the patient.
* Maintain collaborative working relationship with Medical Director
* Participate as a member of the Interdisciplinary team in all
required patient assessment and care planning activities.
* Actively promote GUEST customer service standards; develop
effective relationships at all levels of the organization.
STAFF DEVELOPMENT/ RETENTION
* Participate in staff meetings as required. Attend in-service and
continuing education offerings in compliance with company policy
* May delegate tasks to competent licensed and unlicensed staff per
applicable state practice act.
* Assist with staff training as requested.
* Lead staff in team concepts and promote a team effort.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
* Current RN license in applicable state. License must be
maintained as current and in good standing.
* 12 months or more current nursing experience preferred.
* Previous experience in providing nursing care to patients on
maintenance dialysis preferred.
* CPR certification required within 90 days of hire.
* Confirmation of ability to distinguish all primary colors.
* Demonstrated working knowledge of the English language and
ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
* Must have basic computer skills; proficiency in all USRC clinical
applications required within 90 days of hire.
* Must meet any practice requirement(s) for the applicable
* Ability to meet minimum hospital/agency hiring standards which
may include additional background clearances and orientation
requirements if applicable to the program assigned to for
U.S. Renal Care is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: DSI Renal, Inc, Plano , Dialysis Registered Nurse - Floater - Dialysis, Healthcare , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!