CERTIFIED SURGICAL TECH
Company: Legent Health
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job Description Legent Health is looking for Certified Surgical
Techs to join our team. We seek talented partners transforming
healthcare, one patient at a time.Minimum Requirements
- Certified Surgical Technologist Required.
- 3 Years' experience as a Surgical Technologist Required.
- Two (2) years of experience as a surgical technologist and/or
has demonstrated competency in two (2) or more specialty
- Demonstrates knowledge and practice of perioperative patient
care concepts. Compensation and Benefits
- COMPETITIVE PAY
- PTO Accrued
- 401KPosition SummaryThe Surgical Technologists is an allied
health professional, who are an integral part of the team of
medical practitioners providing surgical care to patients. The
Surgical Technologists work under the supervision of a surgeon to
facilitate the safe and effective conduct of invasive surgical
procedures, ensuring that the operating room environment is safe,
that equipment functions properly, and that the operative procedure
is conducted under conditions that maximize patient safety. The
Surgical Technologist shall possess expertise in the theory and
application of sterile and aseptic technique and combine the
knowledge of human anatomy, surgical procedures, and implementation
tools and technologies to facilitate a physician's performance of
invasive therapeutic and diagnostic procedures.Position
- The scrub surgical technologist handles the instruments,
supplies, and equipment necessary during the surgical
- He/she understands the procedure being performed and
anticipates the needs of the surgeon.
- He/she has the necessary knowledge and ability to ensure
quality patient care during the operative. procedure and is
constantly on vigil for maintenance of the sterile field. Duties
are as follows:STERILE PROCESSING DUTIES:
- Decontaminates and sterilizes instruments, medical supplies,
and equipment, and assembles, wraps, and sterilizes trays of
- Follows proper Standard Precautions while in decontamination
and sterilization areas.
- Monitors biological and chemical wash solution to ensure
quality and consistency for decontamination of instruments and
- Sort mismatched sets of instruments, trays, and medical
equipment and makes them available to sterile processing customers
in a timely manner.
- Restocks, labels, and maintains inventory, submits
requisitions, collects, and distributes instruments, trays, crash
carts, and facility medical equipment.
- Performs environmental maintenance duties and assists in
maintaining inventory levels in sterile processing, the operating
room, and in equipment storage areas.
- Verifies that equipment functions properly, requisitions for
equipment maintenance, repair, or replacement, and removes
- Maintains a clean work area.
- Assists with maintaining established departmental policies and
procedures, objectives, and quality improvement, safety, and
environmental and infection control standards.SURGICAL TECHNOLOGIST
- Checks supplies and equipment needed for surgical
- Sets up sterile table with instruments, supplies, equipment,
and medications/solutions needed for procedure.
- Performs appropriate counts with circulator prior to the
operation and before incision is closed.
- Helps in draping sterile field.
- Passes instruments, etc., to surgeon during procedure.
- Maintains highest standard of sterile technique during
- Prepares sterile dressings.
- Cleans and prepares instruments for terminal
- Assists other members of team with terminal cleaning of
- Assists in prepping room for the next patient.
- All other duties as assigned. *****LEGENT HEALTH PROVIDES
SERVICES THROUGHOUT THE TEXAS AND FLORIDA AREAS TO INCLUDE BUT NOT
LIMITED TO EL PASO, SAN ANTONIO, AUSTIN, PLANO, CARROLLTON, FRISCO,
HOUSTON, CONROE, TOMBALL, CORPUS CHRISTI, AND DELRAY BEACH
*****Legent Health is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate
diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment
for all employees.Legent Health participates in the E-Verify
program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Keywords: Legent Health, Plano , CERTIFIED SURGICAL TECH, Healthcare , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!