Registered Nurse Emergency Department - ED - Emergency Department
Company: Children's Medical Center Plano
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Registered Nurse Emergency DepartmentPosition Summary
Performs the functions of a registered nurse in direct patient care
in the Plano Emergency Department. Utilizes the nursing process in
the delivery of developmentally appropriate care. Works effectively
with members of the health care team in the provision of care to
patients and families.
This position is full time, 7p-7a
Provides competent care for families based on practice patterns
which reflect new levels of awareness of suffering, patient/family
psychosocial needs, and complexity of clinical judgment.
* Assesses and collects data in a comprehensive manner identifying
underlying family needs to implement an individualized plan of
* Demonstrates competence in the delivery of nursing care.
* Evaluates and revises plan of care based on evolving needs.
* Utilizes problem-solving approaches which compare one situation
* Provides comprehensive, individualized teaching based on
identified learning needs of families.
Demonstrates effective use of communication skills.
* Communicates in an accurate, objective manner.
* Recognizes and accesses multidisciplinary team members in meeting
identified patient/family needs.
* Responds to verbal and nonverbal communication.
* Identifies problems and reports these to appropriate
Participates in the development of professional and educational
* Assists in identifying learning needs of staff nurses and other
health care workers.
* Assists in developing strategies to meet identified learning
* Supports and/or maintains membership in a professional
* Shares pertinent information gained from professional seminars,
conferences, books, or journals.
Demonstrates competence in professional practice. Applies nursing
research to clinical practice.
* Seeks evaluation of self from peers and clinically advanced
professionals to improve professional practice.
* Incorporates unit based goals into nursing process.
* Is a member of a unit based committee/project/task force.
* Utilizes standards to develop plans of care for primary
* Preceptor for novice/beginners.
Applies nursing research to clinical practice.
* Reads and evaluates current nursing research that has
implications for clinical practice.
* Modifies own practice based on nursing research and quality
* Evaluates clinical practice to identify problems for potential
* Participates in research and/or quality improvement
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
The organization is moving towards a BSN workforce. Interested
candidates should have a BSN or be in the process of obtaining BSN
as this will be required of all direct patient care nurses
Licenses & certifications
Current license to practice professional nursing in the State of
Two years of Emergency Experience as a RN and pediatric experience
Specific knowledge, skills, and abilities
* Must be able to maintain CPR certification unless an exception is
* Ability to hear and communicate with others in a clear,
understandable and professional manner.
* Must be flexible and adaptable. Conditions and environment are
unpredicatble and change frequently.
* Appearance projects a professional image that engenders the
confidence of others.
* This job requires the knowledge and skills necessary to provide
care appropriate to patients ranging in age from 0 to 18 years.
* The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of
growth and development over the life span, must possess the ability
to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the
appropriate information needed to identify each patient's
requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs, and must be
able to provide the care needed as described in the unit's policies
Children's Health offers opportunities for learning and career
development; competitive pay; and a comprehensive benefits program.
We promote a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our team members have
a voice in their work through surveys, pulses and town halls. And
we honor and celebrate our staff with year-round employee
Keywords: Children's Medical Center Plano, Plano , Registered Nurse Emergency Department - ED - Emergency Department, Healthcare , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!