Registered Nurse Pool - Med Surg
Company: Children's Medical Center Plano
Posted on: August 3, 2022
Registered Nurse PoolABOUT US:
We are expanding care for kids in North Texas! Come and join all
that the Children's Health System of Texas offers and make our next
success story your own. We have new career opportunities in our
Northern market as exciting as our hospital expansion. Located just
36 minutes north of Dallas, TX, Children's Medical Center Plano is
a world-class pediatric hospital. To ensure we continue offering
the same outstanding, convenient care, we are increasing from a
Level IV to Level III trauma designation and adding a new
eight-story tower home to 212 patient beds.
At Children's Health, we value the role each team member plays in
helping us deliver on our mission of making life better for
children. We take pride in providing rich and rewarding career
opportunities that enable team members to reach their highest
Since 2009, we have held the ANCC Magnet-- designation for nursing
excellence. We are nationally ranked in all 10 pediatric
specialties by U.S. News & World Report, serve as the primary
pediatric teaching facility for University of Texas Southwestern
Medical Center and are recognized for quality care in every
For ten consecutive years, Children's Health has been recognized as
one of the 150 top places to work in health care by Becker's
Hospital Review. This esteemed list features healthcare systems
which offer professional development, growth, excellent benefits
and promotion of diversity above and beyond other
ABOUT THE JOB:
Independently performs the functions of a registered nurse in
direct patient care. Utilizes the nursing process in the delivery
of developmentally appropriate care. Also works in collaboration
with other health care professionals to provide a comprehensive
plan of care to meet the patient/family needs. This job is intended
for Registered Nurse Pool assignments.
* Responsible and accountable for prescribing, delegating and
coordinating patient care. Uses clinical judgment based on nursing
skills acquired through formal and informal experiential knowledge
and evidence based guidelines to globally assess the patient's
situation and through critical thinking and clinical decision
making, develop an appropriate plan of care for the patient, with
the aim of promoting comfort.
* Accountable that patient care meets standards of safety,
effectiveness, patient rights and guest relations.
* Oversees care delivered by patient care team; coordinates plan of
* Provides education and facilitates learning for patients,
families, and patient care team in a way that demonstrates a
sensitivity to recognize, appreciate, and incorporate differences
related to diversity.
* Collaborates with physicians, families and other healthcare
professionals to assist in developing and implementing an
appropriate plan of care in a way that promotes/encourages each
person's contributions towards achieving the best patient
* Advocates for the patient, represents the concerns of the
patient/family and identifies and assists in resolving ethical and
* Accurately & thoroughly document all patient encounters in
* Ensure that Patient Health Information (PHI) is protected and
secured at all times.
* Adhere to all infection prevention initiatives (i.e., hand
hygiene, proper disposal of waste, etc.)
* Deliver competent and skilled care to patients and families
according to their identified needs.
* Will deliver care with a team-orientation, an emphasis on good
customer relations, sound clinical judgment and appropriate
decision-making abilities that take into consideration evidence
* Continuously inquires about the condition of the patient through
the ongoing process of questioning and evaluating the situation and
implements treatment changes, if necessary, through collaboration
with the health care team, inclusive of the patient and family.
* Maintains a body of knowledge and tools that allow the nurse to
manage whatever environmental and system resources exist for the
patient/family, within or across healthcare and non-healthcare
* At least 1 year job related experience Pref
* Two-year Associate's degree or equivalent experience Req
* Four-year Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience Pref
* All bedside nurses whose jobs include 50% or more direct patient
care must have a minimum of a BSN by July 1, 2021. Effective
12/1/2019, new employees in this position must have a BSN at time
of hire. Req
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
* Current license to practice professional nursing in the State of
* BLS certification approved by the American Heart Association
* PALS/NRP/ACLS (Department specific requirements - see addendum)
* Effective April 20, 2020, new employees must obtain PACES
certification within 6 months of hire and existing employees must
obtain PACES certification upon expiration of their PEARS
certification (no later than April 20, 2022). (Department specific
requirement - see addendum) Req
* In some service areas, Initial Pediatric Prevention and
Management of Aggressive Behaviors (PPMAB) training must be renewed
* Requires in-depth professional knowledge and practical/applied
expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related
disciplines within the broader professional field
* Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with
others; demonstrates awareness of the industry, including
regulatory, evolving customer demands, and the factors that
differentiate the organization in the market
* Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead
projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
* Solves complex problems and takes a new perspective on existing
solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple
sources of information
* Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service
activities within own team and other related teams; works within
broad guidelines and policies
* Works independently, receives minimal guidance
* Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build
* Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work
responsibilities or environment; adjust effectively to work within
new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
* Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective
relationships with customers and internal partners; interact with
others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them
confidence in one's intentions.
* Meet patient and patient family needs; take responsibility for a
patient's safety, satisfaction, and clinical outcomes; use
appropriate interpersonal techniques to resolve difficult patient
situations and regain patient confidence.
* Ensure that the customer perspective is a driving force behind
business decisions and activities; craft and implement service
practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
* Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the
accomplishment of work goals.
* Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities;
compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use
effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing
appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with
available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
* Take prompt action to accomplish objectives; take action to
achieve goals beyond what is required; be proactive.
* Deal effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; use
appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or
conflict between two or more people.
* Effectively manage one's time and resources to ensure that work
is completed efficiently.
* Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how
small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately
checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of
* Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume
responsibility and accountability for successfully completing
assignments or tasks; self impose standards of excellence rather
than having standards imposed.
* Assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely
* Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media
to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and
helps them understand and retain the message.
* Associates Degree
* BSN in Nursing
LICENSES and CERTIFICATIONS:
* Pediatric Adv Life Support
* Registered Nurse
* Ped Prev and Mgmnt Aggressive Behav
* Trauma Nursing Core Course
* Neonatal Resuscitation Program
* Advanced Cardiac Life Support
* Basic Life Support
* Ped Assmt Comm Escal Skills
* Pediatric Adv Life Support
* Ped Emrgcy Assmnt Recogn Stabil
Children's Health offers opportunities for learning and career
development; competitive pay; and a comprehensive benefits program.
We promote a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our team members have
a voice in their work through surveys, pulses and town halls. And
we honor and celebrate our staff with year-round employee
We invite you to learn more about Children's Health.
Keywords: Children's Medical Center Plano, Plano , Registered Nurse Pool - Med Surg, Healthcare , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!