Physical Therapist - PRN - Acute - Plano
Company: Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Overview:Baylor Scott & White Institute for RehabPlano,,
Physical Therapist - PRN - Acute
Benefits of being a therapist with us:
- Latest rehab technologies
- Engaged and team-oriented culture
- High success rates of patients being discharged home
- Clinical ladders to develop our therapists
- Full-benefits package (Including medical, dental, vision, 401k,
life insurance, short and long term disability, and tuition
- A network of over 50K employees nationwide with relocation and
Evaluates all assigned patients and develops, implements and
modifies treatment plan in accordance with the patient's need and
physician direction. Responsible for delegation and direction of
all discipline-specific therapy services for those assigned
patients. Ensures the design of functional treatment programs
allowing for an effective return to community activities. Serves as
an educator of patients, families, students, co-workers and self.
Performs other professional duties associated with the care of the
patient, development of discipline-specific therapy services and
design of program delivery.
Candidates must be available to work a minimum of 2 weekend days
per month as well as provide availability for 1 summer and 1 winter
holiday. Must be willing to float to all three north region
facilities (Centennial, McKinney, Plano) and work in all patient
care areas (neuro, med/surg, ICU, COVID, telemetry, ortho, etc.).
Acute care experience preferred.
- Evaluates assigned patients and establishes appropriate
treatment goals and treatment programs.
- Provides ongoing evaluation of patient's status and goals,
modifying treatment program for timely progression.
- Develops comprehensive goals for patient treatment to maximize
patient outcomes and return to community activities.
- Coordinates treatment program in conjunction with other
clinical/therapeutic services, as well as available community
resources. Attends appropriate clinical meetings to facilitate
- Provides for patient education to include the development of
comprehensive and progressive home programs with instruction to the
patient, family and other caregivers as appropriate to facilitate a
safe and effective discharge.
- Prepares for patient discharge inclusive of ordering of
necessary equipment and recommendations for therapeutic services
ensuring the continuum of care.
- Evaluates patient in the actual or simulated home, school, work
or community environments as necessary to facilitate a return to
community activities, making recommendations for necessary
adaptations or training.
- Identifies and manages various levels of care necessary to
ensure care plan delivery. Delegates and supervises the utilization
of PTAs, as well as support personnel to maximize patient outcomes
and ensure effective utilization of services.Qualifications:
- Current state licensure or eligibility for state licensure as a
Physical Therapist required.
- Certified BLS or completion in the first 90 days of employment
required.Additional Data:Select Medical is an organization that is
passionate about safety for our patients and our team members. The
Inpatient Rehabilitation Division conducts post-offer employment
testing (POET) for a number of job titles including, but not
Rehabilitation Assistant/Nursing Assistant
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Environmental Services
POETS are completed as part of the onboarding process- to be
completed before an employee's first day of work.
Select Medical is an equal opportunity employer committed to
dealing with employees in a nondiscriminatory manner and based on
job-related qualifications and abilities. The Company will recruit,
hire, train, and promote all persons without regard to race, color,
sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, age (40 and over),
marital status, disability or history of disability (except where
physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational
qualification) or any other protected status.
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation, Plano , Physical Therapist - PRN - Acute - Plano, Healthcare , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!