Burn Trauma ICU RN
Company: Texas Nursing Services
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionJob SummaryThe Critical Care ICU RN manages the
nursing care to patients admitted to the hospital in an observation
status in accordance with established policies, procedures and
protocols of the healthcare organization. Job Responsibilities
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans
wounds, and monitors vital signs.
- Provides cardiopulmonary management and monitoring for
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.Education
- BSN Required - Magnet Facility
- A.D.N with CNO approval and enrollment in BSN program currently
or enrolled within 6 months of hire and completion with 24 months
- TX RN or Compact State Licensure
- ACLS and BLS
- PALS - within in 6 months
- CCRN - Specialty certification preferred
- ABLS (Burn cert preferred but only offered one time per year) -
A Plus if haveExperience
- 1 year minimal experience - Prefers 2 years experience - ICU
Experience ONLY in an acute care setting
- Willing to speak with candidates that don't have recent acute
care experience. However, as long as it is not like more than 5
years that they have not been in acute care.
- Must Have ventilator and Drip experience, will get 12+ drips.
The more drips the better. Willing to train drips with the person
with the right attitude. Additional Information
- 30 Bed Burn Trauma - 14 Burn - 16 Trauma
- 1:2 Ratio
- Critical Care Unit, patient ratio is 1:2 and will see all types
of patients, Open Heart, Trauma, Burn, Vascular, Sepsis. Required
to float through CCU, Burn and Trauma Type of culture (management
style) of director or on the floor: Very big on customer service,
treating the patient like family, focused on nurse friendly unit,
team work between seasoned and new RN'sThe Highest Acuity
situations, very fast pace, 284 hospitals that transfer in from
surrounding states. If you do not like fast paced, high acuity this
is not for you.Expectation for accountability of team members to
provide service excellence always, customer service is very
important, available for support and need for escalations. Not a
micro manager – delightful to work with! Culture of the facility/
unit: 1. Have a 24 hour Trauma surgery Team 2. Free Parking,
Leadership is involved in this hospital Use Meditech as their
charting system3. 58% of their nurses are CCRN Cert, 4-% Trauma
Cert. 4. Facility/Department Educators5. Magnet Hospital, Level 1
Trauma May 2017, Stroke Certified, Cardiac Certified, Palliative
Care Cert, 6. Self-Scheduling facility and units, Tuition
Reimbursement, loan forgiveness (2021), Cert assistance, 401k
program w/match, receive rewards points for shopping or gift cards.
Very big on customer service, treating the patient like family,
focused on nurse friendly unit, team work between seasoned and new
RN's7. Starbucks in lobby x2!!!Salary - $28.64 - $35.83(10yrs) -
$42.95 (20yrs) - based on years of experienceNight shift
differential - $3.75/hr - Weekend Differential $4.30/hrSpecialty
Pay - $4.00/hrSign on Bonus: $15,000 (Will expire July
24th)Relocation: $3,000Powered by JazzHRvzw89j5Z2a
Keywords: Texas Nursing Services, Plano , Burn Trauma ICU RN, Healthcare , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!