Certified Medical Assistant I - Float
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: May 13, 2022
The Certified Medical Assistant 1 Float, under the direction of a
physician, assists in the delivery of health care for patients.
This position performs a wide variety of patient care activities
including, but not limited to, maintenance of the clinical record
and documentation, administering medications, giving injections,
and taking vital signs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Serves as a float pool resource to various clinics within
designated, local region.
- Assists in examination and treatment of patients under the
direction of a physician.
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients. Cleans
rooms after procedures, cleans and disinfects equipment, restocks
- Assists and accompanies patients from waiting room and prepares
patients for examination.
- Interviews patients and records or inputs information to
patient's medical record. Collects all medical data in order to
facilitate the physician's ability to draw conclusions about the
patient's needs. Ensures all charts and forms for the office visit
are ready for the provider.
- Measures, collects and records patient's vital signs (e.g.,
pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height), and
prepares patients for examinations, tests, procedures and
- Performs routine patient testing, acquires and processes
electrocardiograms, and collects and processes blood specimens and
- Prepares and administers routine oral, rectal medications,
injections and vaccinations excluding controlled substances, as
directed by physician. Identifies and reports adverse
- Removes sutures and staples and changes sterile and non-sterile
dressings, as requested.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Able to travel regularly to various clinics within designated,
local region and complete duties within scope as assigned.
- Medical Assistant certification from a program accredited by
the American Association of Medical Assistants or the American
- Knowledge of principles of safe and accurate medical
- Knowledge of the five rights: right patient, right medication,
right dose, right route, right time.
- Able to accurately document patient information in accordance
with organizational policies, regulations and procedures.
Familiarity with HIPAA regulations.
- Able to make observations of the general physical condition of
the patient and notifies the nurse/healthcare provider of
- Able to give injections and draw blood.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Excellent bedside manner and ability to make patients feel at
ease. Appears friendly, reassuring and approachable to
- Able to take instructions from a doctor.
- Familiarity with medical charts and records.
- High attention to detail.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
- EDUCATION - H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
- EXPERIENCE - Less than 1 Year of Experience
- - - - - - -Basic Life Support (BLS): BLS or BLS within 30 days of
hire or transfer.
- - - - - - -Cert Medical Assistant (CMA): Must be CMA from one
Nat Cert Med Asst (NCMA) from NCCT
Cert Medical Asst (CMA) from AAMA or ARMA
Cert Cln Med Asst (CCMA) from NHA
Reg Med Asst (RMA) from AMT, AAMP or AAH
Nat Reg Cert Med Asst (NRCMA) from NAHP
Cln Med Asst Cert (CMAC) from AMCA.
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Plano , Certified Medical Assistant I - Float, Healthcare , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!