Clinical Coordinator RN
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Location: Baylor Scott and White Orthopedic Associates of Dallas
- Plano, TXStandard Business Hours
The Clinical Coordinator Registered Nurse (RN) provides overall
day-to-day leadership and supervision of projects and programs as
assigned (e.g., annual patient/family retreat). Responsibilities
include a wide variety of supervisory and coordination tasks
covering many aspects of site operations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Provides patient care duties including: assessing patients,
determining and developing measurable treatment goals with
participation of patient and/or family, administering and
delegating therapy interventions as appropriate to achieve stated
goals, making necessary changes where indicated, and participating
in the discharge planning process.
- Educates patients/family members.
- Documents accurately, using appropriate terminology, on a
timely basis in the medical record.
- Supervises the daily operations of the department including
overseeing budget performance, ensuring staff productivity,
ensuring regulatory compliance, daily staffing, payroll, ordering
equipment, troubleshooting, and Quality Improvement (QI) data
- Plans in-service and unit-specific continuing education for
- Ensures excellent quality of care and service for all patients
and families receiving & services. Manages all aspects of
supervision for & staff and may provide direct care as
- Builds teamwork and maintains effective communication with
direct reports, peers, other departments and administration.
- Prepares and monitors budget, approves purchases, and ensures
efficient, timely business functions related to principal
- Recommends and implements approved new services, strategies,
programs, policies and procedures.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Knowledge and understanding of nursing and patient care
standards and procedures.
- Knowledge of laws, rules and regulations; standards and
guidelines of certifying and accrediting bodies; hospital and
department/unit standards, protocols, policies and procedures
governing the provision of nursing care applicable to the area of
- Knowledge of medical terminology; principles and practices of
health promotion, risk reduction, illness and disease prevention
and management; medications and drugs, common dosages, their
physical and physiological effects, and possible adverse
- Knowledge of medical and professional nursing ethics and
patient privacy rights.
- Must be able to communicate thoughts clearly, both verbally and
- Interpersonal skills to interact with a wide-range of
- Must have critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to observe changes in the medical condition of patients
and effectively communicate these changes to other nursing staff
members and physicians/providers.
- Ability to provide age-specific, quality, patient-centered care
to all patients through the nursing process and standards of
nursing practice with sensitivity and respect for the diversity of
human experience and to develop, evaluate, implement and, as
necessary, modify a patient care plan to meet the needs of
- General computer skills, including but not limited to:
Microsoft Office, information security, scheduling and payroll
systems, electronic medical documentation, and email.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1Note: Benefits may vary based upon
position type and/or level
- EDUCATION - Associate's
- EXPERIENCE - 2 Years of Experience
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION -
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Plano , Clinical Coordinator RN, Healthcare , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!