Patient Care Coordinator/ MDS Nurse (RN/LVN Required)
Company: Cantex Continuing Care Network
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are at the heart of Cantex. We
are committed to a culture that respects our differences and values
the contributions of all people. Facility Overview: Carrara, which
is owned and operated by Cantex Continuing Care Network, is a
112-bed facility that represents the next generation in
transitional, short-term care offering around-the-clock clinical
support complete with a comprehensive rehabilitation program. Job
Summary: The overall purpose of the Patient Care Coordinator
position is to ensure appropriate reimbursement of Medicare and/or
Medicaid Patients through the Patient Assessment Instrument (RAI)
process. Assists in the management of quality Patient care on a
continuing basis in accordance with federal and state standards and
as may be directed by the Administrator or Director of Nursing.
- Maintains compliance with all State and Federal Medicaid and/or
Medicare rules, regulations and published interpretations.
- Participates in the assessment of pre-admission paperwork to
ensure the Patient meets qualifying medical necessity
- Attends "standup" meetings every weekday morning.
- Coordinates the Weekly Reimbursement Meeting with the
Interdisciplinary Team Members to ensure proper Medicare and/or
Medicaid reimbursement to match care delivery.
- Audit the Clinical Record to ensure appropriate documentation
for actual care delivery. Educates and trains staff on
- Obtains Medicare qualifying diagnosis (es) on Medicare Part A
Patients and updates diagnosis for each change in diagnosis.
- Initiates and updates the physician certifications for each
Medicare Part A Patient.
- Completes all Minimum Data Set (MDS) assessments within the
allotted time frame for each Medicare and/or Medicaid Patient.
- Reviews the 24-hour Nursing report to capture possible change
in condition of a Patient.
- Prepares for all Medicaid audits.
- Tracks Patient benefit days, validates daily census and
coordinates information with Financial Manager to ensure accurate
- Achieves at least budgeted rates expectation.
- Has reviewed Cantex Continuing Care Network Continuing Care
Network Clinical Policies and Procedures for Abuse Prevention and
knows the employee's responsibility to enforce it.
- Supports and upholds the Patient Care Management Systems as
well as the Financial Management Systems. Qualifications:
- A current, valid Texas nursing license is required (RN,
- At least 2 years of LTC experience preferred.
- Must have an "Acknowledgement of Completion Certificate"
through the HHSC RUG Online Training for Nursing Facilities.
- Must complete the American Association of Nurse Assessment
Coordinators (AANAC) RAI Certification within 1 year of
- Ability to effectively communicate, direct, and at times,
- Ability to read, write, analyze and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence,
nursing/Patient progress notes, and nursing procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from department heads, customers, (Patients, family
members, physicians, etc.) and the general public.We are an Equal
opportunity employer; We offer an excellent benefit plan to include
401K with match, CEU reimbursement, vacation, sick, holidays,
medical, dental, and supplemental insurance Plans as well as a
Highly competitive compensation package.
Keywords: Cantex Continuing Care Network, Plano , Patient Care Coordinator/ MDS Nurse (RN/LVN Required), Healthcare , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!