MEDICAL OFFICE RECEPTIONIST
Company: Envision Physician Services
Posted on: May 4, 2021
OverviewEnvision Physician Services is a multispecialty
physician group and practice management company. Established in
1953, our organization provides anesthesia, emergency medicine,
hospital medicine, radiology, primary/urgent care, surgical
services, and women's and children's health services to hospitals
and health systems nationwide. Sheridan Healthcare, EmCare,
Reimbursement Technologies and Emergency Medical Associates have
recently joined forces to form Envision Physician Services. As one
organization, we now provide a greater scope of service than any
other national physician group. Our collective experience from
hundreds of local, customized engagements, culture of continuous
lean process improvement, and team of experts in the business of
healthcare enable us to better solve complex problems and
consistently give healthcare organizations confidence in our
execution. Our combined organization serves more than 780
healthcare facilities in 48 states and the District of Columbia. We
currently have an exciting opportunity for a Medical Office
Receptionist in our PLANO Questcare practice. THE MEDICAL OFFICE
RECEPTIONIST IS RESPONSIBLE FOR GENERAL ADMINISTRATIVE TASKS SUCH
AS SCHEDULING, RECEPTION, FRONT END REVENUE CYCLE, AND OTHER
PHYSICIAN OFFICE TASKS AS ASSIGNED.Responsibilities
- Greets patients; performs check in tasks including arriving
patients in the electronic medical record, instructing patients on
completion of paperwork, verifying patients' insurance if
applicable, obtaining copies of patient identification and outside
- Collects copayments, coinsurance, and self-pay payments;
documents payments in practice management system, prepares day-end
batches according to policies and procedures, and reconciles
payments taken with reports.
- Completes end-of-day tasks, including running applicable
reports, identifying no-show patients and communicating with
appropriate personnel, completing daily batching tasks, and other
office close procedures.
- Answers, routes, transfers, and retrieves phone calls and
messages as required.
- Ensures referrals and outside records have been obtained prior
- Communicates with Medical Assistants to ensure efficient
patient flow through the office and proper documentation of
- Answers multiple phone lines, ensuring quality and customer
service for all callers.
- Schedules appointments according to scheduling guidelines.
- Adheres to urgent and add-on patient visit guidelines and
communicates such visits to clinical staff per office protocols.
Confirms appointments prior to patient visit if applicable.
- Prepares daily charts and maintains medical files and
electronic medical records.
- Scans outside reports, results, and labs into the appropriate
sections of the electronic medical record.
- Maintains and orders office supplies. Assures all items ordered
are received and follows up on incomplete orders.
- Assists manager in gathering data for various reports.
- Assists physician(s) with daily needs.
- Coordinates patient documentation for billing with business
- Interfaces with referring offices in obtaining referrals when
- Opens, sorts, and records receipt date of mail; forwards bills
and invoices promptly to manager; forwards correspondence from
hospital medical staff office or insurance companies promptly to
manager, and performs other general office duties as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for adhering to Information Security Policies and
ensuring Envision is as secure as possible.Qualifications
- One plus year of experience in a busy physician practice or
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience with Word & Excel
- Ability to multi-task and work in fast paced environments
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) would be a plus
- Good organizational skills
- Communicate and work well in a team environment
- Meet established production and quality goals/metrics
- Follow up in a timely manner on open items
- Able to effectively prioritize work on a daily
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- 1 or more years of related experienceComputer Skills:
- Working within an electronic health record and practice
- Microsoft Office Suite
- EMR: eClinicalworksIf you are ready to join an exciting,
progressive company and have a strong work ethic, join our team of
experts! We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits
package.Envision Physician Services uses E-Verify to confirm the
employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more
about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please
visit Envision Physician Services is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Envision Physician Services, Plano , MEDICAL OFFICE RECEPTIONIST, Healthcare , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!