Physician Assistant - PRN -Orthopedic
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: May 4, 2021
The Specialty Physician Assistant PRN provides patient medical
care by assessing, diagnosing, treating, and evaluating responses
to treatment in a variety of illnesses, infections, and injuries
under the supervision of a physician and in accordance with Texas
requirements. The Specialty Physician Assistant PRN provides
education and counseling to promote health wellness and facilitate
disease prevention. The job duties of the Specialty Physician
Assistant PRN include, but are not limited to:
- Performs diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to assist the
physician in diagnosing medical and surgical problems and
prescribing necessary treatment and services for quality patient
care. Records normal and abnormal data for review by the
- Obtains, compiles and records patient medical data to include
health history, progress notes, treatment procedures, ands results
of physical examination. Writes progress notes and narrative
discharge summaries; prepares patient workups and summaries noting
pertinent positive and negative findings.
- Performs physical examinations. Orders, collects, interprets,
and evaluates laboratory and other diagnostic tests to assess
patient problems and health care needs such as x-ray,
electrocardiogram, and laboratory tests.
- Prescribes, recommends, and/or employs medical drug therapies
or other forms of related therapeutic treatments and procedures in
conjunction with the attending physician, in accordance with the
treatment plan, and in accordance with approved protocols/policy.
Recommends interventions to modify behavior associated with health
- Participates in the formulation and implementation of a
comprehensive outcomes-based patient care plans based on patient
assessments, scientific rationale, standards of care, and
professional practice guidelines under the supervision of a
physician. Evaluates the patient's response to the health care
provided and the effectiveness of care.
- Counsels patients and family on health and disease. The ideal
candidate for the Specialty Physician Assistant PRN will possess
knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and
treat human injuries, diseases, and deformities to include
symptoms, treatment alternatives, drug properties and interactions,
and preventive health-care measures.
- Specialty/Department/Practice - Plano - Ortho
- Shift/Schedule - PRN
- Benefits - Our competitive benefits package includes*:
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1 *Note: Benefits may vary based upon
position type and/or level. QUALIFICATIONS- EDUCATION - Bachelor's-
EXPERIENCE - Minimum/no experience required-
CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION -  Physician Assistants
(PA)  Basic Life Support (BLS): BLS or BLS within 30 days
of hire or transfer.
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Plano , Physician Assistant - PRN -Orthopedic, Healthcare , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!