Registered Nurse Palliative Care
Company: Medical City Plano
Posted on: April 8, 2021
SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
At Medical City Plano, we care like family.
Just as a family does, we pull together to care for, support, and
celebrate with patients and each other. Are you looking for an
employer with many different career options and a people-focused
culture? You've come to the right place.
Palliative Care Registered Nurse - Full-time Day Shift 7A - 7P
The Palliative Care RN works in collaboration with the
multidisciplinary care team as an advocate, educator, and care
provider for patients with progressive and serious illness.
* Provides services in palliative care, symptom management, and
supportive care for chronically and seriously ill hospitalized
patients and their families.
* Utilizes the nursing process based on an expanded knowledge base
of pathophysiology and pharmacology to assist with comprehensive
health care assessments, diagnosis, treatments, and management of
acute and chronic health conditions
* Serves as a clinical resource to patients, families and the
multidisciplinary team with expertise in hospital-based palliative
* Contributes to the development and implementation of the
Palliative Care Program including palliative care pathways/care
maps and policies and procedures, integrating elements for enhanced
quality, service and resource management
Join our team and you will experience a total rewards package to
support your health, life, career, and retirement including:
* A supportive and collaborative work environment
* Opportunities to progress in function, skill, and pay
* Generous tuition assistance, student loan repayment and clinical
* A comprehensive health and wellness package including medical,
dental and prescription drug coverage
* 401K and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
* HCA's Time Away From Work Program that combines paid time off,
disability coverage and leaves of absence (including paid family
Medical City Plano is a full-service, Magnet-designated 600+-bed
acute care hospital with more than 2,070 employees. As part of HCA
Healthcare, we have the resources and clinical expertise necessary
to provide exceptional care. Our services include a Level 1 Trauma
Center, comprehensive cancer treatment, advanced surgery including
robotic and minimally invasive, orthopedics, heart and vascular
care, and complete women's and children's services, including a
high-risk antepartum unit and a Level 3 NICU.
What you need to be successful:
* BSN required / MSN preferred
* Texas RN license or compact license is accepted
* Current BLS and ACLS issued by the American Heart Association or
American Red Cross required
* Certification in Hospice and Palliative Nursing Care (CHPN/CHPLN)
preferred and will be required within 2 years of hire
* Palliative Care or Hospice Care experience preferred
* Must have at least one (2) years of oncology or acute care RN
experience in an acute care hospital
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Keywords: Medical City Plano, Plano , Registered Nurse Palliative Care, Healthcare , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!